HJ - How much for Merc E240? - R Jones
I posted this question some days back but no one came back with actual official book valuations.

I have now decided to go for car 2, which is a 2.4litre V6.

So once again, can someone give me a book or trade value for the following, (in the knowledge that if I do not buy it, the lease company will offer it an auction in the Midlands):

car 2 - 2 yr old E240 Avantgarde, 4 door, 5speed-auto-tiptronic. Extras include auto climate, xenon, 6-disc CD. May 2000, W-reg, 20,000 miles. Mixture of short and long trips typical of a "family-leisure-car". Interior and exterior condition immaculate - normallly would be found on a self-owned "pride and joy" example.

The lease company had indicated some time ago that the price they want is likely to be about £21 to £22K when the car is offered to staff later in March.
Re: HJ - How much for Merc E240? - Honest John
Guide trade price is about £19,500 allowing for the extras and the slightly lower than book mileage. The trouble with E240s is they're juicier than E320s. So once they hit the 2nd hand market they're a bit of a 'why?' car.

HJ
Re: HJ - How much for Merc E240? - Phil
juicier?
Re: HJ - How much for Merc E240? - Honest John
Thirstier.

HJ
Re: HJ - How much for Merc E240? - Phil
Thats what I suspected but it makes much more sense now, ta HJ.
Re: Thank you HJ - R Jones
Thank you very much for your quick response. Your help is really appreciated. I am now inclined to wait 6 months for the new E class to roll out in 6 months time - in the hope that prices for current 2nd hand E320's will drop as "must have" punters rush to buy the new model.
Re: Thank you HJ - Nicholas Moore
If you can, wait at least 12 months, preferably 18 after the release of the new model to buy a current shape (about to be phased out) E class. Old shape C class prices are now very realistic - could you cram yourself into a C240?