new a-class merc windscreen wipers - don1
i have just bought a 'nearly new' A200CDI 3-door. all fine except i notice the wipers are for left-hand drive - the left one has a longer blade and wipes higher up the screen. it is not possible, so far as i can see, to fit a longer right hand side blade without it fouling the left.

does anyone have a solution, please
new a-class merc windscreen wipers - yorkiebar
Don't mean to sound rude but the only cure is another car !

One of my pet hates is how many cars have the wipers set up for lhd and no conversion for rhd. if you notice the sweep it is unlikely you can change the size of blades by much and the straight edge and curved edge are just in the wrong places!

Iirc BL were one of the founders of this hate, the marina was fitted with wipers for lhd !

And I notice some newer cars are suited for either side drive because the way they sweep, but others (incl the 1 wiper type) are not suitable for either !!! Rant over!

new a-class merc windscreen wipers - jc2
There is a legal requirement for a certain % of the screen in front of the driver to be cleared by the wipers.Most continental makers(not Ford-they have always used different set-ups for LHD/RHD) do not make RHD set-ups if the LHD one meets the minimum-repeat-minimum requirement.
Imo the minimum requirement is ok for a 5'0 tall driver but dangerous (?) for 6'0 driver?
new a-class merc windscreen wipers - cheddar
does anyone have a solution, please

You could try simply swapping the blades left to right, right to left however I guess if it were that simple MB would have done it. Careful, clashing blades or blades on bodywork can do damage.
new a-class merc windscreen wipers - daveyjp
You will probably find the left hand wiper is mounted above the right hand blade so it sweeps further to the left and the arms are different shapes to accommodate this. The RHD smart was exactly the same and left a good couple of inches unswept on the right, but went right to the left hand windscreen pillar. It's one of those alterations which is deemed not necessary by MB - at least they swap traditional wipers, unlike some BMWs, Pugs and Renaults.
Sorry \i didnt make my 1st post clear.

I still don't mean to be rude but the only cure is another car !