internet car importers - christian
I have had a VW golf on order with Oneswoop since 15th december but am still waiting for delivery and they're giving me excuses after excuses to explain the delay. I have had to pay for the car in full since end of January.
anybody got similar experiences and what do you think I cold do to get them moving??
Re: internet car importers - T.Lucas
When will people learn?These co's cant just magic these cars out of thin air and will tell the punter just what he wants to here,especially as you have paid for it.Sounds to me like somebody trying to save money but expecting VAG dealer service,it cant happen.Your car will turn up but it will take time,the iron ore for the engine is probably still in the ground.
Re: internet car importers - Steve G
Expect delays.
My friends Golf TDi was 4 months late.
Just gives you more time to think about what to do with the £££ savings.
Re: internet car importers - Andy Bairsto
I will give you the worst scenario .A company places an advertin the press or on the Internet for cheap cars you must give a deposit ,you hire a office with with a person to answer the phone 60 ukps per week ,you recieve 100 orders at a minimum deposit of 2000ukps .Any guesses for the next step.
If you must buy in Europe go yousrelf for the minimal cost compared with the saving on the vehicle pick your garages ,talk to them ,visit them ,place your order and pay on delivery.In the UK the old adage is buyer beware
Re: internet car importers - Honest John
Some guys set up an operation like this from a serviced office suite in Rotterdam a few years ago. They took a lot of money totally legally and never delivered a single car, all of which were on long delivery dates. After three months of this, they did the illegal bit. They scarpered with all the deposits. But all the time they were collecting the money the cops could do nothing because they hadn't actually done anything illegal. As Andy writes: be warned.

HJ
Re: internet car importers - Keithb
Why did you have to pay for the car in full ? I thought they only asked for the balance when the car was built and almost ready for delivery. At least your money should be safe with Oneswoop, but as stated elsewhere, you save much more by doing it yourself via a foreign main dealer. Having said that, my brother bought a Saab through Oneswoop for a very good price and the car arrived on time with no hassle.
Re: internet car importers - Tony Capps
You should always make sure your money dealings are direct with the dealer, not the agency. Pay their free separately. If they wont do this, use another agency.

I have just imported using eucarimports.co.uk No problems, relationship with dealer etc. Car arrived 2 weeks early. Was kept informed all along about progress, build dates etc.
Re: internet car importers - Keithb
Absolutely correct but agencies such as Oneswoop, Virgin, Jamjar (Royal Bank of Scotland) won't allow this and, I believe, will not disclose the dealer's name. Should be safe to send money to these companies, particularly Jamjar, although I wouldn't use them as it's far less hassle to deal direct with a foreign dealer especially as most of them speak better English than us! But, there are a lot of good UK agencies and eucarimports is clearly one of them.
Re: internet car importers - Andrew Barnes
Its usually the dealer who keeps them waiting, insist they give you the name of the dealer and ring them up.

Andrew
www.hispecgolfs.co.uk
Re: internet car importers - rogerb
About 2.5 years ago, I found a company which imported my Focus tdi, at a saving of 2.5k. (Inclusive of their charges)
Not only that, they did it professionally, and with such good humour & friendliness that I subsequently agreed to be a 'Referee' whom potential buyers could phone & have (some of) their fears allayed. My reward for this service was dinner for 2, on the company, once a month, for the 6 months or so that followed!
The estimated delivery time was 12-14 weeks, and it arrived at the Belgian dealer 13 weeks after the order was confirmed. Deposit was, as I recall, 15%, and they did EVERYthing, except delivery ('cos we chose to have a weekend away & do it ourselves) and fitting UK number plates (not practical due to our respective locations, but the cost was included). They can, and do, deliver.
I have just checked their phone to see they are still operating, and, for anyone interested, their website is www.eurocardirect.co.uk (0800 328 7504).
Ask for Jennifer or James, and, if you wish, mention my name (Roger B of Milton Keynes) - they will, I'd bet, remember me, and I might even get another free meal ! !
For the record, and the suspicious ones, I have no connection with Eurocar Direct, other than as described above, a very satisfied customer!
Re: internet car importers - BobH
test
Re: internet car importers - BobH
test1