Europ Assist - any good ?? - Paul I
Where of on Hols soon and we are thinking of getting some "european breakdown cover" - Iam very interested in Europ assist - as they have a deal on for £59.00 for one years cover. It's half the price of my own breakdown company so how does it compare ?
Europ Assist - any good ?? - Huw
I'm with norwich union and extended my UK cover to Europe from now till the end of November for about £7.50
Europ Assist - any good ?? - Xileno {P}
I broke down in France in 2004 and Europ Assist were excellent.
Europ Assist - any good ?? - mike hannon
When I lived in the UK I had the Europ Assist 12 month cover and thought it was good value. Since I have been in France Europ Assist handles the breakdown cover for my present insurance company and on the one occasion I needed them they were absolutely excellent.
Europ Assist - any good ?? - maclean
Hi - I'm with Europ Assist via Sharp Insurance in Newbury on 0800 3281545 who only charge £44.99 for full cover including homestart and European.

www.sharpinsurance.co.uk
Europ Assist - any good ?? - nick
I used Europ Assist once in France a few years ago. They were excellent. A native english speaker and prompt service. Very reassuring when stranded with only a smattering of the language.
Europ Assist - any good ?? - mike hannon
Just remembered - I once called them when, according to the terms of the policy, I wasn't covered. They pointed this out but got me out of trouble anyway. Pretty good I reckon.
Europ Assist - any good ?? - wrangler_rover
My son recently went to France, we had extended our Norwich Union cover to include Eurpoean breakdown cover.
Within 1 hour of docking in Calais, the Punto broke down near Bolougne, the mechanic didn't speak much English but at my son's choice, the car was towed to Calais, put onto a ferry, a breakdown truck was waiting for the ferry in Dover & the car was towed to a garage of my son's choice. £35 well spent.
Europ Assist - any good ?? - UNHAPPY TRAVELLER

I am on an extended visit to the UK and took out Travel insurance with EuropAssist and they have been disgusting - no service - no comeback - I had an accident and was knocked over in a store and my very important spectacles were broken and they are not interested in me or the situation I am in. Do not take out insurance with this company - they are not what they promise!

Europ Assist - any good ?? - Collos25

ADAC the best in the world by a country mile.

Europ Assist - any good ?? - Auristocrat

Europ Assist used to supply the breakdown cover for new Mazda vehciles as part of the three year Mazda warranty. They were replaced by the RAC for the three year new car warranty period back in 2007, but continue to provide breakdown cover for Mazda extended warranties.

We've used the breakdown cover twice in the past - both times for punctures - and they provided a quick and efficient service.