dump valve on a diesel - Altea Ego
no
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
dump valve on a diesel - brear1
hi

whats the difference betweem the diesel and petrol DV
dump valve on a diesel - Hamsafar
There isn't one, there is no throttle on a diesel so no need for one, which begs the question, why on earth would you consider wanting one without knowing what one is? Also of note is the fact that newer petrols don't have DVs either.
dump valve on a diesel - Dynamic Dave
which begs the question, why on earth would you consider wanting one

For the chav noise, I would imagine.
I know how a DV works on a petrol i just wondered if the diesal DV is a different spec if not then why do you think a petrol DV wont work. Oh and incase your wondering yes you can get a diesal DV

dump valve on a diesel - Screwloose
brear1

It's an honest question; so here's the reason. The fundamental difference between a diesel and a petrol is the means of power control. On a petrol, the throttle butterfly controls the AIR and the ECU then adds suitable amounts of fuel. On a diesel, there's no butterfly valve at all, the intake of air is completely uncontrolled and power is regulated by controlling the amount of FUEL that's injected. [EGR by-pass valves etc. are ignored for the purposes of this illustration.]

A petrol dump valve is designed to discharge the excess intake back-pressure that occurs if the throttle butterfly suddenly shuts when the turbo's boosting at a high rate and thus maintain turbo shaft-speed. In practice, there's little point to it outside of a racetrack where the throttle is being rapidly snapped open and shut - but, hey; if you like the noise....

On a diesel; there is no similar boost-pressure spike - because there is no throttle to block-off the flow. So dumping any turbo-pressure is pointless and simply costing power.
dump valve on a diesel - DP
Screwloose, I'm not disputing what you're saying but I just wonder why so many diesels exhibit distinct turbo lag when coming back on the throttle after a gearchange or after a period of coasting - arguably more so than many petrol turbos.

thanks screwloose

do you know any sites that sell super chips for my car ( CHEAP!!!!!!!)
dump valve on a diesel - David Horn
You can't, unfortunately, as all fuel injection and timing on Peugeot XUD engines is mechanical.
dump valve on a diesel - LeePower
You can get the fuel pump settings tweaked slightly on the 306 turbo diesel to help it run a bit better & a little bit quicker, But its NOT a diy job because you can wreck the engine if you get it wrong ( & thats very easy to do )
dump valve on a diesel - bell boy
you mean make it run richer leepower......
dump valve on a diesel - autumnboy
you mean make it run richer leepower......

Yes it will, but it can be more enconomical with the correct settings of the boost and fuel.

If its set right, you cut the amount of fuel boost, hence use less fuel for reasonable amount of throttle. But when you're crusing it makes no difference as the boost fuel is not operating, but on the other hand if you floor it all the time then you'll notice it uses more fuel.

My 1.9td has been done and it uses less fuel on the Motorway at 70mph and it has better performance. It now comes on boost with 1bar at 1900 rpm, rather than as standard 1bar at 2500 rpm.
You can't, unfortunately, as all fuel injection and timing on Peugeot
XUD engines is mechanical.

I have found that you can get a diesel chiped Ive read it can give you up to 50 more bhp and improve torgue by 25%
How do I get the emoticon of the head banging the wall?
There isn't one, there is no throttle on a diesel so
no need for one, which begs the question, why on earth
would you consider wanting one without knowing what one is? Also
of note is the fact that newer petrols don't have DVs
either.

You can get DV's for diesels, they have a electronic box with connections to the boost system and a switch on the fuel pump lever. And you do get a 'Chav Noise'.

The Derv Doctor used to sell and fit them at one time, and he also carried out adjustments to the boost and pump settings for increased performance.

www.dervdoctor.co.uk/
dump valve on a diesel - blue_haddock
I also recommend the Derv Doctor - he's a great bloke and he knows his peugeot diesels inside out.

One of his former demo cars was a 306 HDi running approx 190bhp before the NOs was switched on! Even with that power you could still get 45mpg out of it!
dump valve on a diesel - Ross_D
Sorry, but there were never any claims to back that power figure up..... Why is it that somebody says something on an internet forum and then everybody thinks it is true?! Not having a go at you blue haddock by the way :-)
Anyway, a dump valve, as others on this froum have quite correctly stated does not do anything on a diesel. In theory all it can do is make an annoying noise, which to me makes people look at the car and think "Oh dear, how sad!!"
Hehe, using up your boost to blow a trumpet-shaped whistle?
dump valve on a diesel - blue_haddock
Why is it that somebody says something on an
internet forum and then everybody thinks it is true?!

Because i didn't read it on an internet forum. I know Gav and the lads pretty well and having seen RR print-outs for other vehicles done by them i have no doubts as to the vehicle having the stated power.
Because i didn't read it on an internet forum. I know
Gav and the lads pretty well and having seen RR print-outs
for other vehicles done by them i have no doubts as
to the vehicle having the stated power.

Blue_haddock,

You're right because Ecosse have done it too, its all down to keeping it cool enough to get these increases.
dump valve on a diesel - LeePower
Hmmmmm Ecosse, Wonder how long that will last then, Never heard a good word said about them.