Broquet Fuel Catalyst - Nick Ireland
This item has been widely advertised for years, with glowing claims for the positive effects it has on fuel consumption and even performance. have there been any serious documented tests done on the effectiveness of this product. On the same line, what about the Ecoflow bar magnet which is claimed to improve the performance of liquid fuel and gas powered devices? Cars and domestic boilers are alleged to work better with 'magnetised fuel'
Re: Broquet Fuel Catalyst - Adam Going (Tune-Up Ltd)
Nick,
MINEFIELD !! This could run and run. I am not going to say too much, but in my personal opinion the Broquet device is highly suspect. NONE of the solid catalyst devices were found to be effective at preventing Valve Seat Recession in tests carried out at MIRA for the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs, but it was never made clear if the Broquet device was actually submitted for the tests by the makers! I have personal experience of more than a few engines suffering serious VSR with this product in use and using unleaded, one even had a cracked piston. Suggest you contact the Advertising Standards Authority, who have been in court with Broquet about the allegedly unsubstaniated claims made in their adverts. Many of the so-called happy users would probably have been OK anyway on unleaded, especially where use is under gentle driving conditions / short runs. I have seen many cars fitted with the device where they were OK for unleaded from new! As far as performance & economy go, I am not aware of any independant testing. Also see earlier thread on withdrawl of LRP - some people will say anything to encourage sales.

As for the Ecoflow, again I am suspicious of any claims that it allows use of unleaded on cars not otherwise suitable, but certainly I have many customers who swear that smoothness and economy are improved. Seems more effective on diesels. I tried the human version on my wrist for arthritis, but it didn't help !
Re: Broquet Fuel Catalyst - Alan Walkden
I bought this device from the U.K. supplier, and it cost me £140 as I told the seller it was to accomodate a 5.3 litre Jaguar V12 in a Coupe. I neither found any extra MPG/smoothness/or any of the benefits claimed and wrote to say so, asking for a refund, I never even got a response to my letter desoite indicating that I was prepared to take the matter further. Result, just deathly silence. Realising I had been duped and had little chance of recovery of my funds I put it down to "one of those things that life throws at us from time to time" - BUT let the prospective buyer beware!
Re: Broquet Fuel Catalyst - honest john
Correction. The Advertising Standards Autohrity has banned Broquet from advertising because its claims cannot be scientifically substantiated. There are a mass of testimonials, but no solid scientific evidence. Until it has been tested and approved by MIRA or the AA or the RAC there is no real proof that it works.

HJ
Re: Broquet Fuel Catalyst - John Slaughter
Save your money. A light right foot is cheaper and more effective!

Regards

john