Problem with induction kit parts..... - hm
Hello all,

Did you know that if you buy a car with a very popular after market induction kit and by some act of god you accidently break it (like I did when replacing the head gasket) you can not get a replacement part from the supplier.....they will only consider supplying piece parts 'if' they deciede it was a warranty failure.............

Has anyone else ever come across this issue.....on of the 'retailers' of this popular filter kit does not have the parts either as they return them to the very popular manufacture.....

Hummmmmmm....bit of a cop out I think...I left with a very expensive useless induction kit that only has a small plastice pipe borke, but it is under too much strain to glue/fix........

Thought or comments?
Problem with induction kit parts..... - bell boy
Thought or comments?

i darent give my thoughts or comments on after market induction kits...................sorry .
Problem with induction kit parts..... - Sprice
Dunno which plastic bit you mean, but try some JB Weld (from Halfords etc)...you'd be surprised what it will stick!

K & N by any chance or Pipercross? Trust me, JB Weld sticks virtually anything.
Problem with induction kit parts..... - Hamsafar
I second the JB weld, especially if you can use a sleeve too.
If not go back to original, induction kits IMHO are a load of cobblers.
Problem with induction kit parts..... - Number_Cruncher
>>Thought or comments?

The best outcome will be to convert the car back to standard.

Like Oldman, my views on these kits probably aren't fit for a mass audience.

Number_Cruncher
Problem with induction kit parts..... - dieselhead
The truth is *some* standard filters and air boxes are quite restrictive so it's easy to pick up a few bhp if you don't mind a little bit more induction noise for minimal cost compared to other tuning methods.
Superglue/araldite/JB weld etc. is the way to go.
Problem with induction kit parts..... - jc2
And some of these kits actually reduce performance-particularly mid-range.
Problem with induction kit parts..... - cheddar
I have little recent experience of these on cars however I have a K&N on my Kawasaki along with suitable carb jetting and a free flowing exhaust it makes a load of difference with no flat spots.
Problem with induction kit parts..... - Collos25
Its all the other bits that make the difference not the K&N I'll wager.When my camaro was put on the dynometer with and without a K&N it actually reduced the power output,but changing the Maf for a Granatelli it actually increased it by a substantial amount.The likes of K&N are good for trucks because they last for ever but increased power on cars is very dubious unless you can put your car on a dynometer I feel most improvements are in the head.I am not knocking K&N or other equal products as they have their place ,the day Gieger or Linkenfelter put them on their cars I will be convinced.
Problem with induction kit parts..... - hm
All,

Thankyou for your comment....just to clear some matters up.....I did not fit the induction it, it was already fitted to car when I brought it...fyi: it is an Impreza 2.0Turbo. She also came with a scooby back box...a right noisey thing, but I have already changed it for a standard......

I intent to replace the enire arrangement back to a standard...but what I will do is replace the std air filter with a K&N or pipercross purely for the fact I can it and it will last a lot longer.....

To be honest I would not personally fit an induction kit, but it was already on the car.......

Thanks

Regards

H