Ford Focus radio code problem - bert-j
My Sister-in-Law's 4 year old Focus had to have a new battery. The radio needed re-coding but won't accept the code. She has had the car from new and the code was obviously supplied with the car. The battery has never been disconnected before its replacement nor any work done on the radio. I've very carefully followed the instructions for entering the code but after 3 attempts the radio locked up for 30 minutes. After 10 attempts the radio will apparently lock up permanently. The only thing I can think of is that the dealer supplied the wrong radio code when the car was supplied. However, is it possible that I'm missing something? I'd be grateful for comments.
Ford Focus radio code problem - Armitage Shanks {p}
I would have thought that once in 4 year's servicing the battery has been disconnected at some time and that it has thus been re-programmed somewhere by somebody. You are right about the permanent lock up after 10 tries so I think you might have to get a dealer to help, before this happens!
Ford Focus radio code problem - Wales Forester
Any Ford dealer should be able to check the code on the OASIS system provided you can provide the VIN number and show proof of ownership.

Ford Focus radio code problem - jc2
Or if you take the radio out of the facia,you will see a serial number(don't use the part number);the dealer can get you the code with this number.
Thanks for replies. We have the radio sticker which gives both the serial number and radio code. Unfortunately the code doesn't work. The next step will be to remove the radio and see whether the serial number on the case matches that on the sticker. Presumably a special device is required to release the radio so it may require a visit to a Ford dealer.
Ford Focus radio code problem - elekie&a/c doctor
The Focus uses standard radio removal pins(available at any motor accessory store).The serial #that you require starts withthe letter M followed by 6 digits.The code is available from Ford main dealer or any car radio repair shop that has a Ford radio code computer calculator program.Btw although the radio will lock out after 10 failed attempts ther is a service override procedure that allows an 11th attempt..
Ford Focus radio code problem - Wales Forester
This may be asking a silly question, but you are entering the code using the right method aren't you??

If you have a code which features four numbers which are all between 1 & 4 (4213 for example) then it is possible to wrongly think that you're entering the code by pressing buttons 4, 2, 1 & 3 in order.

The correct way to enter the code would be to press button 1 four times, button 2 twice, button 3 once and button 4 three times, then press button 5 to enter the inputted code.

Ford Focus radio code problem - Simon
I'd take it back to the supplying dealer with all of the documents in hand, explain the situation and hopefully they will sort it out for you to your satisfaction.
Believe it or not, the radio didn't match the documentation! Someone must have dropped a clanger in the Ford factory four years ago. Thanks for all the helpful replies.
Well that seems the most reasonable explanation anyway. You haven't actually said but presumably they sorted it out for you?
The radios are not fitted at the factory;too many thefts whilst being transported!They are fitted at PDI or by "New Car Sales" on collection;you didn't change the spec from the original order,did you?-an upgrade or downgrade,for example?
>>The radios are not fitted at the factory;too many thefts whilst being transported!They are fitted at PDI or by "New Car Sales" on collection

Are you sure about this jc2? I was under the impression that when new cars leave the factory they are complete and function properly in every way.
Ford Focus radio code problem - Spospe
When my wife bought a Toyota Starlet (1996) the radio was fitted at PDI, in fact she was able to specify which radio she wanted from the list supplied by the manufacturer. The car was supplied with a radio / CD unit which had a removable front and no obvious code was required after a battery change.

Her current car is a Toyota Yaris and the radios are built-in with no possibility of changing it for a different version.
YES!!
Ford Focus radio code problem - Railroad.
Don't pay a dealer extortionate rates to sort this for you, email me the serial number and I'll return you the code.....
Sorry, I should have said that the dealer sorted it by removing the radio, finding the serial number then providing the code. The job was done in a few minutes and they did it under good will because they reckoned it was Ford's fault in the first place. Presumably there's someone out there driving around with the radio that should have been in my Sister-in-Law's car!
Ford Focus radio code problem - Gavgo

If you need ford v radio codes from a trusted website go here > www.onlineradiocodes.co.uk/ford-v-radio-codes

Ford Focus radio code problem - RobGreen

Hi, not really happy paying the £23 I've been quoted by Evans Halshaw in Batley unles I have to, are you able to supple a code please?

Radio serial number is C7E3FO547A3290143

Many thanks in anticipation, Rob Green

Ford Focus radio code problem - nicktracey

Hi just seen this message. Did this get this sorted out, who did you contact

Nicktracey

Ford Focus radio code problem - Galaxy

Hi, not really happy paying the £23 I've been quoted by Evans Halshaw in Batley unles I have to, are you able to supple a code please?

Radio serial number is C7E3FO547A3290143

Many thanks in anticipation, Rob Green

I don't recognise that number as the serial number, I'm afraid. They usually start with an "M" or a "V", followed by a six digit number.

Ford Focus radio code problem - Gavgo

Hi Mate thats a ford travelp pilot code you can get them here: https://www.onlineradiocodes.co.uk/ford-travelpilot-radio-codes