Wet Weather driving - cub leader
Have just got back from an IAM observed drive that lasted all of 5 minutes a further 30 minutess was spent trying to get out of Albrighton before giving up and having to wait it out. what surprised me was how blindly some people drove into water without a clue of gear or speed or how deep it was. I helped push at least 3 cars out of the water where they had soaked electrics etc! One guy was up to his door handles under a railway bridge!!! any other backroomers had any experience of this sort of driving. I eventually managed to get out by using the hydraulic suspension on the xantia and going in first gear!!!
--
Temporarily not a student, where did the time go???
Wet Weather driving - Hamsafar
There is a car dealer in Nottingham on Haydn Road.
I can't remember what make it was at the time, but 8 years ago, some of their stock had floated onto the road and I remember the alarm going on one that was at 45˙ half-submerged. Thankfully I had a CASIO camera in my glovebox in case of accidents. I can't find the pics though (they were only 0.07 megapixel!)
Wet Weather driving - PhilW
"car dealer in Nottingham on Haydn Road"
Cit and Renault next door to each other and, I think, Nissan and Toyota lower down Haydn Road. Cit a bit high up to be flooded (and I am not talking hydra suspension!)
--
Phil
Wet Weather driving - Number_Cruncher
trying to get out of Albrighton....

If you live close to your current industrial placement, there's a very good chance you are working in the same large aerospace supplier where I worked. Do the abreviations DAW and SAAS mean anything to you?

Number_Cruncher
>> trying to get out of Albrighton....
If you live close to your current industrial placement, there's a
very good chance you are working in the same large aerospace
supplier where I worked. Do the abreviations DAW and SAAS
mean anything to you?

Yes they do indeed.
--
If you don't mind the question, Wet or Dry?

I worked on the dry side - although I spent quite a lot of my time working with hydraulic motors of various descriptions! I spent most of my time in the Airbus team, which was led by Linda and Tim - both of whom I hold in high regard.

Motoring link - was there any trace left of the are where body pressings for classic cars were made?, they were starting to remove the presses as I left - between the servo shop and the development area. I think the area was going to be used for a full wing test rig for the Boeing 7E7 high lift system, but I didn't work on that system myself.

As your placement is coming to an end - are you hoping to get a job there after your study ends?

Number_Cruncher

due to moving around departments i have worked on both wet and dry sides. Hopefully i will get offered a job but i am afraidd there is no sign of the car presses although im told a seperate section of the company does still do that kind of work
--
Sorry to have hijacked your thread! Good luck in obtaining your job.

Cheers,

Number_Cruncher
Wet Weather driving - chairmanmatt
I was once a passenger in my car 99 Toyota Corrolla, allowing my flatmate to drive as he had been to this part of the 'bush' in NSW Australia. We approached a stream with a lot of sand. We had a heated debate about not driving my car acroos the river. I got out of the car to have a cig and talk to my mates in the car behind when he decided to cross the stream. It was far deeper than anticipated and the car became submurged. Safe to say I was more than peeved. Fortunately a guy came past with a 4X4 and towed it out. The car was submurged above the door seals. Water was seeping in. Fortunately the engine never cut out. I had the car for another 8 months without any problems, although I did have to strip the interior, dry and clean it. He never understood why I was so bothered!