Almera Sport Xreg - Noise from wheel - alban
Hi
All disc brakes + ABS. Multi-link suspension (front only?)

Seem to have developed over time(but much worse in last few days) increasingly loud, initially squeaking, now grating noise from rear drvr-side wheel, I think. Terrible going down country lanes with walls either side! Intermittent but now getting more permanent. It's a regular beat as from the rotation of the wheel. Sometimes get mild grating noise when apply brakes and when I do my impression is that the original noise is worse. Noticed also worse on turning to the right. Pads OK. No leaks. Noted that the rear disc is shinier over outer 1.5 cms - relevant? (Abnormal application of pad?)
Was also getting intermittent 'clunking' of rear suspension when going over road humps.
Could a sticking brake caliper cause this?
I asked garage I bought from to test drive when problem was milder but they couldn't detect anything.
Thanks for any help.
Almera Sport Xreg - Noise from wheel - bell boy
it needs wheels off and an inspection ,if garage arent willing to do this then find one that can as it may just be a stone or it could even be the backing coming off a pad or one of the shoes/springs in the hub for the handbrake.
it could lock a wheel and cause an accident