Leaking mondeo - plant1983
Right I've had enough...two months ago I bought a 2000/W mondeo 2.0 zetec 5dr hatch from a local reputable dealer and in the 800 miles I've driven it it's given me nothing but trouble.

The latest saga that I've just noticed is a very very wet and soggy boot carpet and rear seat cushion. Does anyone have any clues as to what this could be so that when I take it back to them on tuesday I can give them a few ideas.

Regarding my legal rights here do I have the right to a refund or some other compensation from the offending dealer. Like I say I've had the car two months (it's under their warranty for six months)and its been back to them at least 5 times!! This just does not seem good enough.

What's the best course of action if you've been sold a lemon??

Many thanks in advance.
Leaking mondeo - bell boy
the back light seals will be leaking give them a good dose of silicon.
Leaking mondeo - Roberson
the back light seals will be leaking give them a good
dose of silicon.

This is what happened to my mates dads Mondeo (of similar age). I think his repair method was quite similar too.
Leaking mondeo - Galaxy
Sorry to hear about the problems that you've been having with your Ford Mondeo. You have the same car and year that I myself have.

The water leak is, indeed, the seals on the rear light clusters, a very common Mondeo problem which I have also experienced.

I would be interested to know what other problems you have experienced with this car. Others or I myself may well be able to throw some light on them.
Leaking mondeo - MichaelR
Suprised you have had lots of trouble, aside from a few known issues (of which the lights are one) they are tough, reliable cars.

As for the lights, its a problem which afflicts almost all 99/00 Mondeos but is cheap and easy to fix - 10 minutes of your time and a tube of silicon sealant will see that the problem never returns, simply put a bead of sealant around the lights, refix, and Roberts your mothers brother.

This is the only fault I have had with my now 130,000 mile V plate Ghia X, which I've owned for 2.5 years.
Leaking mondeo - robcars
Has car got a sunroof fitted?
Leaking mondeo - MichaelR
Mondeo sunroofs not known for leaking, I would put money on this problem being light clusters.
Leaking mondeo - robcars
Light clusters are likely.

Mondeos do have problems with sunroofs imo!
Leaking mondeo - kithmo
It's not likely to be the lights if it's wetting the back seats, more likely the rear wash nozzle pipe that has dislodged. It's a common problem, when the jet gets blocked or is frozen and the washer is used, the pipe blows off.
Leaking mondeo - plant1983
No sunroof on mine.

The back seat cushion seems to be only slightly damp but the spare wheel well and carpet that covers it is very wet. I will phone the garage where I bought it tommorrow and get them to have a look at it.

Thanks for all the advice!
Leaking mondeo - tonto22
great car but wet rear seats are a real pain