Mondeo 2.0tdci engine starts no throt - roddgray
53 reg Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 48k miles.

The engine starts but nothing happens when I press the throttle.

If the car has stood for 6 or 7 hours since it was last used the problem is very short lived perhaps 20 seconds.

However if it has only stood for a short period for instance after filling up with Diesel or having parked for 2 hours the engine starts but the throttle will not work for perhaps 5 or 10 mins. (the longest time was 15 mins. During this "delay" time the engine is ticking over but at lower revs and the engine warning light and the battery light stay on. As soon as they go out the engine revs pick up and the car can be driven. Once it is going it drives fine. No judders or jerks, no loss of power, no warning lights and it doesnt stall - it is as if nothing is wrong until I have parked and want to restart the engine again.

It has been in a ford dealership now for 2 weeks. They have changed the alternator, run the diagnostice tests - which showed no faults and have now told me that there is a low presure reading on one of the injectors and I will have to have to have the cylinder head removed in order to check if that is the problem and I may even need a new engin! Given that the car drives fine once it gets going I cant see how this can be a mechanical fault - any ideas.
Mondeo 2.0tdci engine starts no throt - Alec
On my VW if the brake pedal is pushed the accellerator is blocked.
Could be a duff switch if Ford do the same.
Dab the brake pedal next time it happens.
Mondeo 2.0tdci engine starts no throt - jc2
If the engine works well at other times it won't be engine related.It does sound like electronics;to check the last poster,try putting your left foot on the brake pedal(not too hard) while you are going along and your right foot on the throttle and see if it tries to accelerate.
Mondeo 2.0tdci engine starts no throt - cheddar
Does it have cruise control? If so there are cut out switches on clutch and brake, also the clutch has a position sensor that can cause the throttle to hang if wrongly adjusted, perhaps it can also cause the opposite.

The low injector pressure is a slight worry. It could be that the ECU does not alow the engine to rev so as to avoid damage however if the engine is OK at other times perhaps this could be a false reading rather than an actual fault.
Mondeo 2.0tdci engine starts no throt - kithmo
The TDCi Mondeo has a fly-by-wire throttle, i.e. no mechanical linkage (no cable), so it sounds like either the throttle position sensor on the accelerator pedal is not sending a signal or the one on the engine is not receiving a signal. This could be a faulty sensor (or connection) or a fault on the power control module that controls the inputs and outputs.
Mondeo 2.0tdci engine starts no throt - DP
What the hell was wrong with cables?!
Mondeo 2.0tdci engine starts no throt - jc2
They break,get out adjustment and can't do clever tricks!!
Mondeo 2.0tdci engine starts no throt - DP
<< They break>>

If never checked, and a sticky/stiff action is ignored yes. I've replaced a few (including the one on my current Mondeo), but never had one fail in service.
Go out of adjustment

Once every 10,000 miles or so by a few mill, and then take less than a minute to put right.
can't do clever tricks

True enough.

I would add "swapping them doesn't justify a £60 per hour main dealer labour charge for too many owners" to the list as well. ;o)

{DP, by using a less than symbol at the start and a greater than symbol at the end of text makes the whole sentence invisible. I've now corrected. DD}
Mondeo 2.0tdci engine starts no throt - alex.matt0712

Hello . I have the same problem with my mondeo after i run out of diesel . I make a video mybe somebody can help me thank you Watch "Mondeo 2.0 tdci problem no throttle and bad noise" on YouTube

Mondeo 2.0 tdci problem no throttle and bad noise: youtu.be/EaNdDttF0T0