Citroen C4 VTR+ - Lud
Citroen are hard-selling these at the moment, and as a by-product of this sales drive got my hands on one for a couple of hours yesterday evening.

In often crawling Friday evening pre-bank holiday London traffic it behaved impeccably and was easy to drive and position. A 1.6 HDI110 example, it went extremely well once on the move with terrific acceleration. This example also had huge wheels with low-profile tyres, so felt very firm for a Citroen, but lolloped over speed bumps with beatifully quiet 1,700 miles old suspension.

I wd have liked to get it on the road, but couldn't, although a bit of urban motorway enabled me to fiddle with the characteristically-surging cruise control.

It must be terrible if all those pretty lcd screens go out though. And the central rearview mirror encroached strangely on the view through the screen. And there was a bit of roughness or vibration in initial clutch bite. Lovely motor though, as it ought to be for a posted 16.5k.
Citroen C4 VTR+ - DavidHM
And in the real world, assuming they can do these prices...

www.ukcarbroker.co.uk/citroenc4.htm

£11,899.
Citroen C4 VTR+ - tack
I got mine for £11200 brand new, including metalic paint. It is the 1.6 hdi 110hp 5dr hatch. I have to say that it is an excellent car. It is extremely comfy with hugging seats, zips along really well with minimum of fuss. Having once owned a Citroen ZX, I can say that quality of materials is way, way way up. Not a rattle or a squeak yet. In February, I drove from Windermere to London in just a tad over 3.5 hrs on a Sunday morning. Cruise control on, heater up, it did not put a foot wrong! Rear suspension is a bit harsh on potted roads though. It does like smooth tarmac. Next to no wind noise, very little tyre rumble. I love the dash! so clear regardless of day/night. In 3200 miles, I have averaged 42mpg. But most is stop start around town. I expect this to improve once the engine has loosened up. Off on a long run to Brittany next week for a weeks' holiday, looking forward to the drive on French M/Ways!
Citroen C4 VTR+ - Lud
Enviable tack. Go carefully and have a great time.
Citroen C4 VTR+ - borasport20
What is DPFS ?
you can get the 1.6 vtr+ as 'non-DPFS' or not, which is presumably 'with' DPFS, but for the life of me, and I've looked at Citroen's site, I cant work out what it means

--
Go on, get out of the car...
www.mikes-walks.co.uk
Citroen C4 VTR+ - Avant
"What is DPFS ?"

The mind boggles as to ehat Citroen's latest quirk might be....

Data Protected Firing System (you have to remember a PIN number to start it)

Damp Proof Front Seats (standard on the Pluriel)

Drive-through Potholes Front Suspension

If all else fails:

Ditch the Perishing French Shed
Citroen C4 VTR+ - NowWheels
Google teells me that i's much less dramatic than that, I'm afraid: www.platinum.matthey.com/media_room/1113814808.html

Personally, I was hoping that it was an Italian-equipped variant for the female buyer, supplied with a Delicious and Perfectly Fit Signor. Life is full of disappointments :(
Citroen C4 VTR+ - borasport20
Aaah - it's that thing that may or may not need replacing every four years or so at the cost of a couple of hundred quid !

No wonders it was not easy to find out about it

Cheers, NW

--
Go on, get out of the car...
www.mikes-walks.co.uk
Citroen C4 VTR+ - Avant
It's for Italians changing to a Citroen -

Done Pushing Fiat Signor