52 reg Diesel Mondeo - injector problems - Falkirk Bairn
3 yr diesel Mondeo bought a few mths ago developed a problem within weeks.

Developed Injector problems - "limp home mode" - diaganosed by main dealer & 1 new injector supplied & installed @ £300+ VAT - not covered by Mech Warranty.

Within a few days a similar problem - garage again says it is the other injectors are at fault and offer to put in another 3 for the cost of the parts only > £500 - they now said they should have replaced all 4 at the time.

Upshot was that the friend had just moved house and was worried it was inevitable that he would need to find this money.

Suggested he try Redex - A £5.00 bottle of Redex applied over the last 4 weeks seems to have worked.

Has this just postponed the inevitable for weeks or months or has it cured the fault for longer?
52 reg Diesel Mondeo - injector problems - George Porge
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=41...1

Have a read of this recent post
52 reg Diesel Mondeo - injector problems - rtj70
I don't know the answer if it's cured the problem. But if it's only delayed the inevitable then the fact the garage is willing to fit the other 3 injectors without charging labour needs to be taken into account here.

The eventual bill could be a lot higher if he delays because I doubt if the garage will keep to this goodwill gesture after some time has passed.
52 reg Diesel Mondeo - injector problems - Aprilia
Personally I wouldn't muck about with these systems otherwise you will soon see a three-figure bill. Get the other injectors changed and a new filter on it and see how it goes.
52 reg Diesel Mondeo - injector problems - cheddar
Seems strange that one injector should "fail", then all should be ok for a few days and then the other three "fail" in effect together. Perhaps it is more a matter of calibration?

Here I am touching wood with the palm of my hands as I type - in four years and 106,000 miles I have had but one case of "limp home" mode , rather "limp to dealer" who recalibrated one injector, this was at about 70,000 miles and all has been fine since (still touching wood!).

I wonder if the injectors do always need replacing or whether it simply requires a good technician who knows the diagnostics and understands how to set them up, I remember looking on as mine was done and it is a complex process though took little more than half an hour.
52 reg Diesel Mondeo - injector problems - Aprilia
Well, it **could** be a calibration problem, but these cars have been out a fair while now and you just have to hope that the tech doing the job is competent enough to properly diagnose. I have heard of a lot of these cars with the DDS CR system needing new injectors though....
52 reg Diesel Mondeo - injector problems - mark999
If the car was bought less than 6 months ago the fault should be asumed to be present when you purchased the car and the dealer should have fixed it FOC. you may still have a chance to reject the car also.

Mark