Peugeot 106 - Steering issue - Lawrenma2
Hi,

I have a 1994 Peugeot 106, and recently had the tracking / wheel allignment sorted. They also replaced something like an axel, or similar device that connects the steering to the wheels (i'm not very technical and can't find the receipt).

The steering wheel feels very light / slack, and feels like i now have have power-steering.

Does anyone know what this could be?

Also, if this work was carried out to rectify the issue in Jan, and MOT is due in June by the same garage, should they sort it FOC if it is results in a serious failure?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Martin
Peugeot 106 - Steering issue - L'escargot
Perhaps prior to the work the steering was heavier than it should have been, and the tracking/alignment merely made it "normal".
--
L'escargot.
Peugeot 106 - Steering issue - Lawrenma2
It did cross my mind, however, the steering wheel is also a little squint also.
Peugeot 106 - Steering issue - bell boy
they may have toed it in excessivly this would make steering light as would excessive tyre pressures
check tyres
have them give the system a visual check for you with your concerns
Peugeot 106 - Steering issue - tr7v8
The rod would have been the lower steering column & joints as I suspect it was seized, hence much lighter steering now.
Peugeot 106 - Steering issue - Civic8
Sounds like track rod end was replaced,usually gives that effect ie back to as it should be.

if steering wheel out of alignment,tracking not adjusted correctly on both wheels
--
Steve