Audi A3 1.8T 'Banging' when parking - mattieboy
All

I have an R-Reg Audi A3 1.8T. When reversing out of my garage I hear a loud bang quite regularly. The garage has a steep slope leading down to the road, and the noise occurs just as the rear wheels go onto the down slope. It's not any impact with surroundings.

It sounds like the handbrake popping off, however it doesn't feel like the handbrake sticks and the noise does not occur in any situation other than reversing out of th garage.

Does anyone have any ideas what it might be? I'm sure forum members will anyway, but please feel free to ask for further details - I'm afraid to say I can't think what circumstances would cause this banging noise but I can clarify if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

Matt
Audi A3 1.8T 'Banging' when parking - Peter D
Don't put the handbrake on for a week and see if it stops doing it. You imply the noise does not happen when the car first moves. but when going onto the down slope. ?? Is there room to move forward in the garage first then reverse. Regards Peter
Audi A3 1.8T 'Banging' when parking - Wally Zebon
Try reversing into the garage and see if the noise happens whilst going forward.

It may be something fouling the ground slightly on the slope on the way out. You'd need to get underneath and check for scrapes on the exhaust or any other low-ish part