Nissan Primera SE+ Idling Faults - harvest gold
Hi as a new member would be grateful for some advice from any techy's out there. My Primera 2 Litre Petrol (W reg on 68k miles) cuts out periodically, usually after braking at junctions - evident by loss of power steering. Car starts ok when key is turned. Also when stationary tick over approx 2000 but will drift down and then recover. thanks in anticipation
Nissan Primera SE+ Idling Faults - bell boy
this could be so many things that it is very difficult to give an answer,start with the basics all connections tight both air pipes and electrical,move on to the last time it was serviced and if none of the above sends you in the right direction i suggest you take it to a good garage for a fault code read and see what the man in the white coat says as opposed to the man in the dirty overals if you understand me.
Nissan Primera SE+ Idling Faults - Aprilia
Sounds like idle air control valve is either dirty or faulty.
Nissan Primera SE+ Idling Faults - harvest gold
many thanks for the response - Note the content of the brown v white but had a bad experience with main dealer some quality issues affecting the car in air con and electric windows after a service and warranty repair although couldn't "pin it" seemed too much of a coincidence. Decided to move on and car now traded.
thanks again