VW windscreen washer fluid - carman
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a suitable alternative to the VW washer fluid (G 052 164) for VWs with the 'fan shaped' washer jets?

Thanks
VW windscreen washer fluid - Armitage Shanks {p}
I probably could but what is the problem using a VW recommended fluid in a VW? I use Halfords concentrated. £4.99 a litre and pay for 2 and get 3. This is diluted 1 part in 4 for cold weather, 1 in 10 for light frost and 1 in 20 for all seasons. This is a good deal compared with my local garage which charges £6.99 for 500cc of concentrate!
VW windscreen washer fluid - markengland
I'm sure someone posted on here, maybe a couple of months ago now, saying they'd use Halfords lemon screenwash and they'd found it to be excellent. Apparently it cleans the jets and pipes of the system too. I've just tried a search but can't find it :(
VW windscreen washer fluid - Dynamic Dave
I've just tried a search but can't find it :(

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=39...7
VW windscreen washer fluid - markengland
Well done that man! Now I know which one it is I can get some myself too. Cheers DD.
VW windscreen washer fluid - AR-CoolC
www.seatenthusiasts.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4...4

This should make interesting reading to VAG drivers.

I personally use the generic (usually Halfords) windscreen washer fluid with no problems in my Seat.
VW windscreen washer fluid - carman
Point taken AS. Seems that just about anything you buy from a dealer is overpriced so I'm assuming comparable stuff available elsewhere for much less.

Thanks to all those who replied. On reflection ot sure if the saving will be worth the 'risk' at the end of the day .

Carman
VW windscreen washer fluid - Soupytwist
I've been using the concentrate that Lidl sell periodically in 5 litre containers for the last 18 months or so in a Skoda Octavia and Seat Ibiza with no ill effects. Both still have the fan pattern intact. I can't remember the price but it's not expensive.
--
Soupytwist !
VW windscreen washer fluid - Dr Rubber
Its worth shopping around for the screen wash. I pay 2.49 for a litre of the genuine stuff. I've found it works really well, but I have not tried generic stuff in my VW yet.
Joe
VW windscreen washer fluid - Roly93
To be honest I think a lot of that generic blue-coloured screenwash is a waste of hard-earned.
The car dealers tend to use better stuff when they service the car, however I came across some brilliant screenwash made by Sonax ehich is super concentrated, orange in colour and comes in a bottle with an auto-measuring pot on top.
I strongly believe this is the same stuff as Porsche use in their dealreships, as I acquired some of this a while ago and it was in the same bottle and smelt the same, but just had Porsche on the label.
Unfortunately they no longer sell this at Eurocarparts, so I can't suggest where to get it from.
VW windscreen washer fluid - Halmer
Trouble is with the Halford's lemon smelling stuff smelling so good the kids love it so much that I tend to empty the bottle within a week. The apple one aint bad either.
VW windscreen washer fluid - Mondaywoe
I use the Halford's lemon stuff too. It's not cheap, but cleans well and so far (touch wood!) I've had no probs with sticky pumps, jets etc. ....and the smell really does freshen the whole car. Great to use if you've just passed a pig farm, fish factory etc etc.....

Graeme
VW windscreen washer fluid - JohnM{P}
I've also used Halfords washer fluid over the years, either normal or double concentrate. The 97 Passat now has 170k up, no problems (though I did use water from garage dehumidifier for some of that time).

However, as I posted earlier:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=27550&...f

I was told that VW would not deal with Golf rear screenwash problems if their fluid had not been used...
VW windscreen washer fluid - Marc
Vauxhall dealers sell Sonax products
VW windscreen washer fluid - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Still using the Halfords lemon scented wash, was me who posted originally, and the fan spray function is pretty well back to 'as new'. My impression was that the official VW stuff is several times the cost of the Halfords and only available in 1 litre botles.At the rate I get through the stuff I'd soon be broke.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
VW windscreen washer fluid - AlanGowdy
Halfords own brand washer fluids work perfectly well in VW group systems. The Lemon etc scented product is however not particularly good value. The bottle is quite small and even when diluted as recommended runs out quickly. It does smell nice though. I've just finished a bottle of it and will go back to the better value standard product next time.
VW windscreen washer fluid - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
The standard cheaper Halfords stuff, in the bigger containers, is now also available as lemon scented and also claims to contain the vital water softeners. I'm using that now.
--
VW windscreen washer fluid - AlanGowdy
The standard cheaper Halfords stuff, in the bigger containers, is now
also available as lemon scented and also claims to contain the
vital water softeners. I'm using that now.
--

Excellent - I'll get some on the way home.