Online tyre websites - mattieboy
Hi all

I'm after some new tyres and noted a website where you can buy tyres and have an approved local garage fit them. The website's name is black circles (www.blackcircles.com/ ). the prices look decent, hence my interest.

As far as I understand, you purchase the tyres and arrange for them to be shipped to a local garage, with whom you make an appointment to have them fitted.

I'd appreciate any experience anyone has of this. I'm particularly keen to know how easily the bookings were made and how rigidly they were adhered to, as I share a car with my girlfriend and I can't make repeated or lengthy visits to garages.

All comments gratefully received. Alternatively, if you know of any decent tyre fitters in the Bath area I'd be interested to hear - my old favourite Bathwick tyres lost my confidence, which I won't go into further based upon comments in the 'naming and shaming' link at the top. Any other decent alternatives (good prices and reasonable car taken over the car) would be useful and appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

{Subject header renamed as several other online tyre websites are also being mentioned in this thread - DD}
Black Circle - tyre website - bikemade3
Never tried "Black circle" but have twice in the past used the other online tyre suppliers "My Tyres", who were took about 4 days to deliver tyres after they had been ordered, "MyTyres" were the only site i could find that could supply Vredesteins. Price seemed good, but have recently managed to get 3 Goodyear NCT 5 205/55/16 V rated fitted at a local independent for £65 a corner, no online tyre suppliers came close.
Black Circle - tyre website - Bill Payer
www.etyres.co.uk will come to your home or work and fit them. I've seen several recomendations for them and they're £10 cheaper than Black Circles for the tyres I want.
Black Circle - tyre website - Roly93
www.etyres.co.uk will come to your home or work and fit them.

The only problem with this is that I've had several occasions where mobile tyre fitters couldn't get the balance right and I had to go to a depot anyway. I think the balancing machines get shook about in the vans and they go out of calibration.
Black Circle - tyre website - mattieboy
Cheers for comments (and cheers to other poster for etyres link).

That's the same tyre I'm going for, found Pirelli P6000s for £126 a pair at local fitter but not convinced they're that great.
Cheers for comments (and cheers to other poster for etyres link).
That's the same tyre I'm going for, found Pirelli P6000s for
£126 a pair at local fitter but not convinced they're that
great.

Personally I would have recommended Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's which are a great tyre.
Black Circle - tyre website - Martin Devon
One hell of a lot of things on the web are far too dear. Do people think they'll be cheap cos it's the web?? Baffles me. I haggle all the time. Embarrasses the Missus no end and the Daughter worse, but the young un is now getting to like it when she sees the pennies to be saved.

VBR................MD

P.S. blackcircle way over the odds.
Black Circle - tyre website - Mike H
I've used thema couple of times. First time I arranged to have the tyres fitted at the nearest agent - about 10 miles away - no problems, just like a normal tyre-change deal except that I'd already apid, they were expecting me, and it all just happened. Second time they came to home and fitted a pair - the guy turned up on time, was polite and helpful, told my wife before he started that he would use stick-on weights on the inside of the rim because I had alloys fitted, and just got on with it. All in all very impressed.

Another online supplier which I have also used was mytyres.co.uk, they were also very efficient but their website prices don't include fitting - im my part of the world, the going rate is £10+VAT for fitting/balance/new valves.

.....and don't bother with Pirelli P6000s, there are numerous better (and sometimes cheaper) options - the Goodyear F1 GSD3s seem to work well as has been recomemnded by another backroomer.
Black Circle - tyre website - Round The Bend
I've used black circles. Excellent service. They kept to the appointment - I was in and out in 20 mins.
_______
IanS
Black Circle - tyre website - Dynamic Dave
Looking for some new tyres for my Vectra-C. Gonna stick with Bridgestone ER30's.

Cheapest I can find so far are from a company called www.pneus-online.co.uk/ (via a google search) at £90 each, inclusive of p&p.

Next cheapest are from www.mytyres.co.uk at £94.50 each, inclusive of p&p.

Good reports about mytyres on here, but has anyone previously ordered from www.pneus-online.co.uk ? A forum search threw up nothing.
Black Circle - tyre website - L'escargot
I've used black circles. Excellent service. They kept to the appointment
- I was in and out in 20 mins.

How much did they charge for fitting ~ inc new valve and balancing?
--
L\'escargot.
Black Circle - tyre website - L'escargot
>> I've used black circles. Excellent service. They kept to the
appointment
>> - I was in and out in 20 mins.
How much did they charge for fitting ~ inc new valve
and balancing?

And did they include disposal of the old tyres in the price?
--
L\'escargot.
Black Circle - tyre website - Mike H
Yes they do - at least they did the last couple of times I used them (see above posts).
Black Circle - tyre website - Dynamic Dave
How much did they charge for fitting ~ inc new valve and balancing?
And did they include disposal of the old tyres in the price?

According to their FAQ's, it's all inclusive in the price you're quoted on their webpage.

www.blackcircles.com/about/faq#2
Black Circle - tyre website - AN Other
Having done the online hunt, I found that small local places were actually cheaper.

Ended up at TES on Coronation Road in Bristol, who are also a Black Circles agent. Cheaper direct from them than through Black Circles, and they would beat any other local quote. Helpful and quick, too.
Black Circle - tyre website - BrianM
Hi,

Its been a long time since I've posted, but I still read quite often. I'm getting 4 tyres fitted tomorrow (205/55/16/v). I looked at all the online websites mentioned. I was going to order from Black Circles and had decided on Falken tyres (seem to be good tyres for the price - about £59 fitted at Black Circles), nearest fitting station 15 miles away.

When I came to order, the weren't available. After a bit more searching, I came across a website for a company called Topgear (www.topgear.co.uk). They have the Falkens at £52.00 per tyre. With fitting, they've quoted £220 for the four. Also, they have a franchise where I live. Their prices look really good on all brands.

They've phoned back when they said they would and seemed really friendly, so hopefully it will go without hitch tomorrow! This isn't a recommendation yet, but it looks good so far. They might be worth a try if they have a franchise near to where you live.

Brian

Black Circle - tyre website - PhilDews
I needed 4 new tyres for my Terracan - 255/65/16. I knew the brand - BF Goodrich and type, Macadam. I did the searches on etyres, etc.. and found ATS (Worcester) to be cheaper at £340 for 4 tyres fitted, balanced and tracked. Bargain I thought!!
------------------------------------------------
Drive Your Way - If anything can, TerraCan
-----
Black Circle - tyre website - tr7v8
Their price for Goodyear F1's is a lot more than I'm paying locally.
Black Circle - tyre website - PhilDews
i think it just proves that it is all about scouring for the best price!
------------------------------------------------
Drive Your Way - If anything can, TerraCan
-----
Black Circle - tyre website - quizman
I bought two 195/60/15V Michelin Pilot Primacy from Costco yesterday for £67 each, inc VAT, fitting, new valves, balancing and disposing of old tyres.

Beat that.
Black Circle - tyre website - barchettaman
I got a great price on a set of Matadors for the Astra from reifen-direkt here in Germany.

It was only when they (and I) arrived at my chosen fitter I realised I´d got 195/65 instead of 195/60. No way, of course, through the TüV (MoT) test on outsized tyres.

Even by my own Homer Simpsonesque standards of stupidity this was pretty special.

Moral - check, than double check, when buying yer tyres on line....

In the mean time, Ebay deutschland has a nice set of Matadors, brand new, never seen a wheel Sir, for sale...

Regards all,
barchettaman
Black Circle - tyre website - tyrexpert
I bought two 195/60/15V Michelin Pilot Primacy from Costco yesterday for
£67 each, inc VAT, fitting, new valves, balancing and disposing of
old tyres.
Beat that.

>>

£65.99 Sorry to boast
Black Circle - tyre website - quizman
Where from? and don't be sorry. I don't mind being beaten. (I do really)
Where from? and don't be sorry. I don't mind being beaten.
(I do really)

>>

Sorry Quizman but I don`t think HJ & the Mods would like me to start advertising for free on the boards.
Black Circle - tyre website - barchettaman
You should be OK to recommend - it´s naming and shaming that´s (rightly) frowned upon.
And BTW thanks again for the free advice you give out to all on these boards, TE.
You should be OK to recommend - it´s naming and shaming
that´s (rightly) frowned upon.
And BTW thanks again for the free advice you give out
to all on these boards, TE.

>>

I still do not think the Mods would like me to recommend my own company.

Sorry miroku 4 x 175/65tr14 GT2 = £150

Matt08 2 x 205/55vr16 Dunlop Sp2000 = £118 not £140 ( see thread in technical section)
Black Circle - tyre website - Matt08
I was trying to get some tyres today and tried Black Circle, but they couldn't get an appointment till Thusday due to the bank holiday, so I rang the garage that I would use through Blackcircle and he is due to get them in this afternoon! Only £4 more each tyre, so not too bad!

Whilst phoning round I did try a Price Match with Kwik Fit for a bit of a giggle - and amazongly they would match the price - so advertised price at Kwik Fit was £180 for 2 tyres and after one question of would they price match, and they knocked £42 off the price!
Their price for Goodyear F1's is a lot more than I'm
paying locally.

I'm sure you're right, but it depends on what part of the country you are in. Here in the Thames Valley it is very difficult to get much off tyre prices to match valuetyres or blackcircles etc as businesses here have much greater overheads than in the Midlands or Northern areas.
Black Circle - tyre website - miroku1949
Has anyone else tried http:www.etyres.co.uk
I used this company to fit four tyres to my wifes Yaris.
Total cost was £174 for four Goodyear GT2 in 175/65/14/T.
The old tyres were taken away and the fitting was done on my drive.
The fitter rang me the day before he came and everything was done within three days.
The same tyres at Kwik-fit were £254.
Black Circle - tyre website - tr7v8
I live in Kent & work in Bracknell. My local guy & Bracknell Tyre & Exhaust are normally within a pound or so, possibly because they both source through Micheldever tyres as a wholesaler. Personally I'd prefer to use a local guy to supply & fit as that way I have a comeback to one source, in business terms " 1 Throat to choke" I've used RM tyres in Strood for years & will continue to do so.
Black Circle - tyre website - audiaudi
Hi

Used them about 18 months ago - LOL

Blackcircles tyres delivered within a day or two, ust as promised but can't remeber for cert. Don't know what would have happened if we were not at home.

The tyres for conti's - v cheap compared to k/fit, etc - even when you allowed the 7 quid fit per item.

LOL as i sold the car before i had them put on and sold then for a ten quid profit as exisitng tyres were still road legal and the guy gave me the maount i asked.

So my experience was good.
Black Circle - tyre website - FP

Another necro-thread resurrected, for a predictable reason.

(Is freeloader Alice selling cars or tyres? She seems confused.)

Black Circle - tyre website - bathtub tom

A thirteen year thread revival!

I will add I bought my last couple of tyres (Uniroyal Rainexpert 3) earlier this year through Motokiki. Delivered to and fitted by a local tyre place I wouldn't normally have considered. Fortunately the 'lad' doing the fitting seemed to know what he was doing, unlike the 'manager' who spouted total rubbish.