1.25 Heating - only working on full heat. - mda160
About a week ago my heating in the Fiesta would only work on full heat ? Now ( lst 2 days )the heating is always on cold ??
I?ve tried turning the dials, turning the aircon on/ off, still no joy ?

Any ideas ??

R.
mda160.

s
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Heating !!! - madf
Failed heater control valve. Common problem.

madf
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Heating !!! - jc2
Engine compartment side of bulkhead;about 1/2 hr.
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Heating !!! - markengland
I had the same thing happen on my 1996 1.8 Fiesta. It's more than likely to be the heater valve. It is a common failed part on Fiestas. There are some on ebay but for what they cost you are better buying a genuine Ford one from a main dealer. Mine was about £25 plus VAT if I recall correctly. It is about a 20 minute job. From memory, the only tools you need are some hose clamps (or a couple of pairs of pliers but be prepared to lose some engine coolant). The heater valve is in the engine bay, along the bulkhead, somewhere between the halfway point and the right hand side of the engine as you are looking down. Clamp the hoses shut (think there are 4), undo the jubilee clips and then replace the valve. You shouldn't lose too much coolant but just check your water levels when you have finished the job. Run the car for 10 minutes to let the engine warm and to allow the coolant to circulate, then check the water level again. Hope this helps.
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Heating !!! - riggs
I have a problem with my 1.25 2001 fiesta, the heater wont blow cold, all the controls seem to work fine but even with the heat control knob turned to blue (cold) the air flowing through is hot,, any ideas?
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Heating !!! - injection doc
Hi Riggs
Yep, same as above
Doc
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Heating !!! - riggs
Cheers Doc,
will be buying a new one tomorow.
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Heating !!! - bell boy
MAKE SURE YOU BUY A NEW STOCK ONE FROM THE DEALERS AS SOME CAUSE MORE PROBLEMS THAN THEY SOLVE (A CLUE IS IF THE DEALER BLOWS THE DUST OF THE NEW ONES AND SAYS "WE SELL A LOT OF THESE"
Or in lower case as above,please dont shout at your dealer im sure he may be human too

How can you moderate that ?! - PU
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Heating !!! - Screwloose

Just to add; the latest stock ones are suffix "C."

Ones that started "96" were OK; but the redesigned valve with a part number starting "98" are the dodgy ones if they end in a "A" or "B."
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Heating !!! - Rattle
Mine was only blowing out cold air so I changed the heater control valve now it only blows hot air. Am I right in thinking its the control panal on the dashboard? I have the part but how hard will it be to fit?

The voltage to the HCV is constant regardless of if the panal is on cold or hot.
Rattle

The feed to the HCV is a variable duty cycle pulse. Try with a scope.
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Heating !!! - jimmyD
I had my heater control valve replaced nearly a year ago, and it worked fine up until recently, but now the system only blows air on '4', with no air blowing on the lower settings. Does this require a new control valve or is there an easier (cheaper) solution?
jimmy

That sounds more like a heater fan resistor failure.
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Heating !!! - jimmyD
Thanks Screwloose I'll try changing it
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Heating !!! - matt_b
Hello, I hope someone can help me.
I took my car to the garage with the same problem as described above, and they replaced "a valve" which I can only guess was the valve discussed here.
The car was every so often getting stuck blowing hot air. New valve didn't fix the problem. I waited for them to order another part, which never came. This was several months ago.

Now the car will not blow hot air at all, and the engine temp guage suddenly started climbing to the right when my car was climbing a hill. I made it home without it hitting the red and havent driven it since.
I felt the hoses while the car was running and the two that go into the car (presumably for the heater matrix? they're right next to each other and head toward the dashboard area) were very hot, but the radiator was cold. The fan is running constantly.

What could this be?
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Heating !!! - tony@tooting
Matt,
If the water level is ok, and the fault has only happened just after the new valve was fitted, then it may be that the new valve was one of the defective batch as listed above. If so, the car normally runs ok whilst being driven normally, but put it under some strain, and the car will overheat. (Just ask Screwloose!)
If hovever the car overheats very quickly, and the rad does not get hot, when starting from cold, then the thermostat may have failed. (Just try it with the car at rest, from cold.)

Thanks Tony; I wondered when you were going to mention "that" Fiesta....
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Heating !!! - gm3suz
I had similar problems with my T registered Ford Fiesta, heater was on all the time and then after a few months it seemed to die and I was left with no heating in the car. I took the advice of someone on a similar forum and changed the heater control valve and it was great, heating was back on. I went up to the hospital to visit a sick friend, a 20 minute drive and the heating was great. An hour later on my way home the heating would not come on, it had failed once more and that is nearly a year ago, I survived most of the winter without heating but I just cannot face another winter in the cold. Can anyone suggest what may have happened, please, and how to fix it ?
TIA, gm3suz