Alfa 156 JTD 16V Performance Problem - Alfa TI
Hi, I have a 04 156 1.9 Diesel 16V that is hard to start and has no power below 3k rpm. Then, full power after that all the way to the red line @4.5k rpm It's been like this for a couple of weeks now and still can't get the dealer let me know what might be wrong. It was on the diag system at the dealer in Limerick (cost 220 euro) but that just showed a problem with the pressure sensor which I replaced last week (cost 100 euro) and now the Motor Control System Failure - Go To Dealer disappeared from the computer and dash. The light on the dash may be gone but the performance at low revs is getting worse. It can take 5 - 10 mins to get the revs up to take off in the mornings. I have cleaned out the air intake as much as possible (it was filthy), changed the oil&filter, air filter and fuel filter (twice). I've been told the Air flow meter is fine and what it needs is and ECU upgrade. Anyone got any idea's? It's driving me crasy at this stage

Alfa 156 JTD 16V Performance Problem - BazzaBear {P}
Hope this isn't against forum rules:
If you don't get any joy here, try at www.alfaowner.com there's a lot of people on there with the same engine. In fact, I'd say that your story rings a bell to me, but I can't quite remember what the verdict was.
Alfa 156 JTD 16V Performance Problem - Alfa TI
Cheers Bazzabear, I've done that all right. Not sure what the problem is yet but I have a few things to try now anyway.