Vectra problems - greenhey
I have a 2.2TDi 03 Elegance
I had problems last year which meant the Emergency engine mgt prog cutting in, without warning, which was downright dangerous.
After 2 attempts to solve this "known" problem , diagnosed as a software fault, my local dealer then diagnosed a problem with the fuel being contaminated by pieces of metal (!) from the lining of the fuel pump which had crumbled.
Cue for more inconvenience, loss of car for 2 days. When I go to collect I find door mirror damaged and after a lot of aggro get the dealer to agree responsibility and replace ( visit again required).
Now I find an oil leak , which my local garage tells me is coming from where the fuel pump goes into the engine block .They say 99% sure it's poor work and/or a faulty seal when the fuel system work was done.
I expect they will dispute that and I may just blow my own gasket when they get it tomorrow!
Vectra problems - Marc
Presume replacement fuel pump last year was done whilst car was under standard Vauxhall 3 year warranty. I'm guessing on an 03 plate your car is now out of warranty, so if I were you I'd play dumb about the leak and merely imply that it could be down to when the warranty work was carried out. Otherwise the dealership may claim that your local (presume non franchise) garage caused it thus negatuing any goodwill you're now relying on.
Vectra problems - greenhey
The pump was fitted under the warranty, which runs until June.
Local garage just took off the drip tray , put it on a ramp and had a good look with a high power light.
BTW this car was first owned by Vauxhall as an internal fleet car, which they had for just over 12 months but failed to have a first service!
Vectra problems - Dynamic Dave
they had for just over 12 months but failed to have a first service!

If it was on the EcoService-flex service interval, then 2yrs / 30,000 mile interval applies, which *could* be the reason why it wasn't serviced at 12 months.
Vectra problems - Marc
On an 03 plate the car would have been on Ecoflex (unless someone has reverted it to time/distance) hence the 30k/2 years/service light that Dave quotes.

If your car is still under warranty I think you need to go back to the dealer with your concerns but I don't think losing your rag will get you very far with regards to customer care! With regard to the independent garage looking at your car I would still keep quiet about this, as from my dealings with my dealer for warranty work (and the one occasion where I've used Vauxhall AA Assist) it's all hinged on the car having an on time full Vauxhall history
Vectra problems - prm72
Out of interest, what diesel have you been using.