Peugeot 306 XRDT 1995 N model - skianach
My son has just bought the above model, drove it 30 miles home but battery was flat next morning. Tried different battery and jump starting but to no avail, lights flash (no alarm thank goodness)but car won't start, he thinks immobiliser has kicked in. Needless to say no handbook and key looks as if it had 'plip' buttons but rubber worn away.

Any ideas how to disarm immobiliser, one mobile auto elec said if it was a Peugeot immobiliser he couldn't do anything with it. Thanks now to any replies.
Peugeot 306 XRDT 1995 N model - bell boy
im not a pewgot expert but try this,

take positive battery terminal off(be careful you dont earth anything if it has spanner type connectors)
go into car turn ignition switch till it will go no more i.e. the dash lights would be on,
go back and reconnect battery.

try that.

--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Peugeot 306 XRDT 1995 N model - LeePower
Hi

You said the lights flashed, Thats the alarm, Somebody has turned the siren off under the bonnet or the siren has gone faulty.

You really need the plip working, On a Peugeot of this age as soon as the battery is reconnected the alarm system is ARMED & that also means the immobiliser is armed.

Try this, This is in the owners handbook.

Open the drivers door, Turn the igntion ON & within 10 seconds press & hold the small button thats used to turn the alarm ultrasonic sensors off to disarm the alarm / immobiliser.

Look for a small button, Might be near the steering wheel with a white dot & small circle waves on, Thats the one you want to use.
Peugeot 306 XRDT 1995 N model - Ross_D
Yep, as soon as you reconnect the battery on these you need to use the plip to lock\unlock the car, even if it's unlocked already. This will reset the alarm and immo so you can use the car again.
Peugeot 306 XRDT 1995 N model - skianach
Message for 'oldman'. You are a star, your suggestion worked a treat; son was well impressed that a mere mum had been able to find the answer. Thanks again. So for anyone else out there with same problem take'oldman's' advice, he knows his stuff.
Peugeot 306 XRDT 1995 N model - mjsracer
I have a problem a bit like this, i have the same car but have the keypad style immobiliser and no alarm, followed the instructions in the manual to change the pin code but it seems to have locked it,when you input the new code or the original code both the read and green light come on.

Any ideas what i have done and more importantly, how do i fix or bypass it??

Any help would be great as this car is my new pride and joy!!