Battery life and breakdown cover - cheddar
Wife broke down this am, luckily it was local, she stalled the Clio and it would not restart, would not even turn over. I attended as did a local garage arranged by her insurer eSure under her breakdown cover, the guy was there in 30 mins, he tested the battery and the alternator and advised that a new battery was required, I went and bought a Halfords Calcium four year g'tee jobby, he waited and fitted it on my return, all sorted within an hour.

Ok we are £50 worse off (could have had a non Calcium battery for £41) though the Clio was on its original battery and it is eight years old this year so we cant complain.

Great service from Williams of Shepton Mallet, thanks to Andy.
Battery life and breakdown cover - Shaz {p}
I changed my battery as it was dying a couple of years ago.
Looked up a few reviews - autexpress winner was the Delphi (freedom i think). Came with a three year warranty.

ITs already startign to die (still within warranty) - so will get a replacment. My alternators ok, so after another one.

I've cjhecked for the review on their product tests page, but the battery test seems to be missing..
Battery life and breakdown cover - cheddar
The operator was working on behalf of Green Flag, got a questionaire from them this am, they certainly take their customer services seriously.
Battery life and breakdown cover - Armitage Shanks {p}
Don't forget that, even if they give you a new battery, the warranty on that will only be for the period of time covered by the original warranty; ie battery bought with a 3 year warranty and dies after 30 months - replacement is only warranted for 6 months. Better than nothing I suppose!