Mondeo hard ride - nottsruss
We run two Mondeo TDCI 130ps Ghia estates doing long run airport transfers.One is a Ghia the other a Ghia X.The guy running the Ghia X is suffering with back pains since having this car and has been advised by his doctor that it is caused by the new car change hard ride.
The Ghia X has caused us many problems with private hire license as a spare space saver wheel is hard to replace in a steel 17" type , and fit the well ???
Does the Ghia X have stiffer suspension than the Ghia as well as 17" alloys with very low profile tyres.Why do ford fit such a varied combination of wheel and tyre size thru the mondeo range.We thought the ST would just have the harder ride , can any body advise or help on this situation !!!! Varying the seat and lumber position has no effect either.
Mondeo hard ride - cheddar
A few thoughts:

What age are the cars, the Ghia X may have self leveling rear suspension and the Ghia may not, when loaded this may effect the ride.

I have had back problems in the past and currently have a Ghia X hatch with 17" wheels, I find the ride to be fine and I enjoy the crisp turn in etc, I have driven the Mondeo on 18" and 16" wheels and find only a little difference in ride.

Has the driver of the Ghia X driven the Ghia for a few days to see if he finds it any different in back comfort terms.

I assume the Ghia X has leather and the Ghia cloth, it can be that one slides a little on leather where as cloth provides more support.
Mondeo hard ride - nottsruss
Many thanks for reply , both cars are 53 plate , he has driven the Ghia with cloth trim but not on a long journey . He previuosly drove a Peugeuot 406 , 250,000 miles no back problems ! he is seriously considering losing money changing to Citroen C5 .
Mondeo hard ride - cheddar
It could be that the Mondeo simply does not suit his frame and prefered driving position. What about self leveling, have you looked into that? I would guess that both have it though it could be that it was only std on the X at that time.