1.8T A4 POWER RATINGS - Pete
I have a 1.8 turbo rated at 180 bhp and 173 lbft when used with 98 ron petrol (super unleaded?).
A small power drop is promised with ordinary unleaded, do's any one know what the actual power and torque losses are.
I've enquired at the dealer and Audi customer relations but have got no sensible answers. I'm happy with the power i have but wonder weather the extra pull may be useful when towing the caravan.
Re: 1.8T A4 POWER RATINGS - Andrew Smith
I have the 150bhp version of this engine and have found an increase in general willingness when using super unleaded. What sort of a power difference this eqates to I couldn't guess but I now find myself using super whenever it is available. It might be worth posting a query on www.audiworld.com. The americans on that site seem wholly obsessive about that sort of thing.
Re: 1.8T A4 POWER RATINGS - Andy Bairsto
Unless you are screwing it to the limit you will not notice any difference the figures issued by VAG are using German refined petrol which is far better than anything you can buy in the uk so to develop its full power you need to tank with Aral super and the fact you have a 70mph limit whats the point of all those little horses.
Re: 1.8T A4 POWER RATINGS - El Dingo (Martin)
Andy,

Personally, I love all those little horses, even with a 70 limit. I'm still missing the old S6!
What pisses me off is those little Aral stations in 'small town Germany' that still don't take credit cards - and I know Germans who think that the UK is a third world country!

Martin.