Nice one Honda! - Steve Pearce
A mate at work has a V-reg Accord which suffered an auto box failure. Towed to local Honda garage. He rang up a couple of days later and was told it needed a new box and it was on order. He was just about to say "and how much will that be?" when he was told that Honda had agreed to pay for it even though it was way out of warranty, as a gearbox shouldn't fail after 50K. How many manufacturers would be so proactive?
Nice one Honda! - carl_a
Now that is good service (unlike the guy last week that got a bit of paper for £1000 off a Vauxhall), well done Honda !
Nice one Honda! - Bill Payer
That is good - this kind of thing really makes me feel good about a brand. Well done Honda.
Nice one Honda! - mike hannon
This is nice to know - I have a 2.2 Prelude with the (very nice) auto/tiptronic box that people say can be unreliable. It has done 46,000...
Nice one Honda! - Aprilia
Absolutely amazing!
Nice one Honda! - Roberson
That is nice to hear, and it?s such a shame we don't hear more of it.

My uncle once had a new Polo 1.3S in bright red. A couple of years after he bought it, it was at the dealer for a service (or similar) and the service foreman came to the desk when he went back to collect it and was adamant the paint on the entire car was not up to standard. My uncle, slightly taken aback, was sure the paint on the car was fine, but the foreman was having none of it and sent it for an entire re-spray paid for by VW. From what I?ve read on here, I don't think VW would look for warranty work as much these days.
Nice one Honda! - Dude - {P}

Absolutely brilliant gesture from Honda, and perhaps they are aware how many motorists are regular visitors to this forum, and realise the excellent publicity they richly deserve.!!!!!!
Nice one Honda! - mike hannon
I wonder what had happened to it in the workshop that your uncle never found out about?
Nice one Honda! - Deskpilot
I only wish that Honda could be proactive in all cases. My CRV Sport automatic has had a whine from 35-40 mph, since new in August 2005.

All I can get out of Honda is that it is a "characteristic" of the vehicle !!!
Nice one Honda! - P 2501
That is fantastic news. An astonishing decision really given the age of the vehicle.

Well done Honda.
Nice one Honda! - helicopter
This sort of reaction is why I drive a Honda , they understand along with Toyota the concept of giving the customer good service.

Say this gearbox has cost them £1000 to replace - it has gained them untold thousands in goodwill from the Accod owner and free publicity on this site.

Its about time that other manufacturers realised that rip off service is not the way to keep customers returning.
Nice one Honda! - GroovyMucker
And, of course, such a failure is rather rarer with Hondas than with certain other makes of car.

Nice one Honda! - Xileno {P}
I think a lot of it comes down to the attitude of the dealer rather than the manufacturer.
Nice one Honda! - jacks
Thought Woody might have wanted to comment on this.............
Nice one Honda! - Sulphur Man
Interesting. My 51-plate Insight developed a gearbox problem at 67K miles two months ago. Honda offered £100 towards a £1500 estimated bill.

It's a mite frustrating to see Honda being generous to some and meaner to others. Some consistency would be useful. This feels like a goodwill lottery.

Nice one Honda! - cheddar
On face value that is great service, a 6 year old car.

However I wonder if there is more to it, afterall there have been a few threads presenting the opposite view re Honda dealers recently. Perhaps the dealer supplied the V reg Accord relatively recently and felt some responsibility, perhaps it had had a new gearbox recently though before the current owner bought it so the second failure was considered particularly unusual, maybe it was even warrantied.

It would be interesting to know more, the background of the car etc.