satnav mio 168 problem - agrb
hello everyone,I have been reading this forum for some time now and am constantly amazes at the knowledge displayed.Slightly off a motoring topic but does anyone know why my sat nav has lost its gps connection. \the handbook is useless and I just cannot find any reference anywhere as to what to look for.I think I must have deleted a file by mistake but just cannot find the problem after much fiddling and head scratching.The software is Tomtom. Any advice would be appreciated.The screen just states "waiting for a gps connection" after punching in a destination.
satnav mio 168 problem - scotty
Difficult to say, but if you really think you may have deleted something, you could try a re-install. I'd take a backup first though so you can reset to your own preferences later.

Les
satnav mio 168 problem - Citroënian {P}
You may need to reconfigure the GPS device - if it's TT5 then you'll need to select

User Preferences --> GPS Status and then configure.

If it's a built in device it's likely to be Other NMEA connection, then 4800 or 9600 baud - then have a look on the list after that for something that doesn't look like COM1 - if you're lucky you'll see something along the lines of Internal GPS device.

You might be lucky and someone here will have one and can confirm the settings.

I can see this may get moved to computer related questions, so if you can't find this thread, have a look there

(oh, and www.pocketgps.co.uk is always a good bet for GPS stuff)

Lee -- Without bills, magazines and junk mail, there is no mail
satnav mio 168 problem - smokescreen
I brought one of these for a client and brought a Tomtom5 licence. 2 months later, the device had to be returned as it was getting a stupidly weak gps signal regardless. Press on the antenna bar to get full breakdown of GPS.

If it says "NO GPS device found" then you need to point it in the right direction.

The good news is that the company fixed it and issued it back fairly quick!
satnav mio 168 problem - helicopter
I have one of these which had AA Satnav installed and the other day I had a problem when the satnav refused to load ( see computer related problems.)It could not find postcode information.

As I could not get it to load I deleted it from programs and went to reinstall from the disc supplied and AA website but have been unable to do so successfully so far as I have not had the time. I keep getting so far and then cannot go further.

I think that possibly the original problem agrb had was that the GPS will not normally connect inside a building and it also needs the folding GPS part of the PDA to be open.

satnav mio 168 problem - turbo11
Has the battery gone flat at anytime,as you can lose files if so.The same happened to me,so I re-loaded all the software and it was ok after that.
satnav mio 168 problem - PhilW
There is also a firmware upgrade which might be useful to you. Prior to installing this my Navman PiN (Mio 168 clone)used to take some time to pick up a max of 4-5 satellites, after installation it gets 9 or 10 regularly, sometimes even 12 and will get 5 even inside my house.
Details are here
www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=113072&threa...2
Look for posts by DaveUSA
also here
www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=113072&threa...7
read Ausie rodneys initial post

My Navman is also set to COM2, baud rate 4800
HTH - though I don't know much about the technicalities of these!!

--
Phil