Trafic/Vivaro/Primastar - colliecrew
Can anyone help??
I'm looking for a 100BHP SWB Trafic/Vivaro/Primastar(preferably new or very low mileage) as a replacement Border Collie carrier-I'm finally at my wits end with my LDV(gutless)Cub.
Now the downside is I don't have a business and I'm not VAT registered.This makes car salesman look at you funny when you tell them you want to buy a commercial vehicle.

Does anyone know what the best/cheapest way for me to purchase this van???

I was told that I could buy it through a friend's business and so avoid paying VAT(as they can claim it back), as long as it's registered with my friends business for one day.
Does anyone know if this is true???

Look forward to any replies.
Trafic/Vivaro/Primastar - Collos25
Not quite,its a little more complex than that.
Hi Andy,
Thanks for the reply.
How much more complicated is it??
And is it worth the hassle to save the VAT??

Colliecrew
Trafic/Vivaro/Primastar - Altea Ego
Dog carrying friend of mine went into a VW van dealer, and bought a very cheap (11k plus vat) brand new T5 transporter, and took it on a lease. Was not VAT registered so the lease includes the vat.

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Trafic/Vivaro/Primastar - Falkirk Bairn
>I was told that I could buy it through a friend's business and >so avoid paying VAT(as they can claim it back

Yes but he has to charge you VAT on the Price when he re-sells it back to you. If it is registered as the Comapny Van what would happen if the pal's company went bust - the liquidator would take it as a company asset.

I would look at import web-sites as they too carry commercial as well as cars - Makro used to offer vans through "Vehicle Solutions" but I ahve not seen anything recently. From memory there was £2/3,000 off the price of a £10/11K van - enough to pay the VAT and still come under the list price ex VAT
Trafic/Vivaro/Primastar - Collos25
Spot on summary ,makro have just sent their latest mailing list with vans on so they still must do it,I think they use one Jam Jar which belongs to Dixons if I remember correctly .
Many thanks for all the "good" advice.
It's look's like there is no way round the dreaded VAT.
Trafic/Vivaro/Primastar - Falkirk Bairn
DC Cook

VAUXHALL VIVARO LWB DIESEL 1.9CDTI (82PS) Van 2.9t

£9,999
Save £4,909
VAUXHALL VIVARO LWB DIESEL

phone graphicCall us today for more info
0870 606 4343
Opening times:
9:30am-7pm Mon-Fri
9am-6pm Sat | 10am-6pm Sun
Our Price [ex VAT] £9,999
RRP [ex VAT] £14,908
Finance Available
DC Cook Direct provides a fantastic range of finance packages, including Car & Van Loans, PCP and Contract Hire. Call us now for more information.
Saving £4,909
Registration Used 05-55
Mileage Up to 7000 miles
Colours Available? Choice
Finance Options tick Finance Available
Trafic/Vivaro/Primastar - Hugo {P}
DC Cook
VAUXHALL VIVARO LWB DIESEL 1.9CDTI (82PS) Van 2.9t
£9,999
Save £4,909
VAUXHALL VIVARO LWB DIESEL

If that's the ex vat price then hes having a laugh!

The new price suggested here is the list price, maybe but most dealers will be doing this at around £12k for a LWB.

May I suggest you do the following.

Internet search for NEW vans, get prices etc.

Then go to your dealers (Renault, Nissan, Vauxhall) and ask them to match the lowest price.

If you're not VAT registered, you'll pay VAT. That's the way life is. I am in the same boat as you :(

BTW I can recommend the vehicle, as I have one.

H
Trafic/Vivaro/Primastar - DavidHM
I've driven one - it's quiet, comfortable, quick and economical - high 30s mpg. Doesn't actually feel much different from an Espace.

www.lanceowen.co.uk/new-vivaro.htm

Personally I'd go for the Vivaro Sportive - 100 bhp, air con, electric windows and metallic paint over the standard version.
Do you think the Sportive is worth the extra £1000+???

Also, has anyone any experience of how a " Superchipped" Trafic/Vivaro/Primastar performs???