Fault Mazda 6 Diesel - Raman
Hi, this is a problem that was first mentioned by RIC22 on the 22 Dec 05. The problem was that his car would not idle and stall at junctions. I am interested in purchasing a Mazda 6 121BHP diesel. And I have been trying to find out as much information about the problems with Mazda 6 diesels. I spoke to my local Mazda dealer. Said that the car is generally very realiable. Mentioned the stalling of Mazda 6 diesels. Said that this was a common problem. And that all they did was remove the injector pump and send it to DENSO in UK for repair. However they noticed that DENSO wouldn't repair the pump they would just send a new one. Also mentioned about a clutch judder problem. Again they said this only affected the 02-03 models after that the clutch assembly was modified. Anyone got any comments to add about Mazda 6 diesels??
Fault Mazda 6 Diesel - Aprilia
Mentioned the stalling of
Mazda 6 diesels. Said that this was a common problem. And
that all they did was remove the injector pump and send
it to DENSO in UK for repair. However they noticed that
DENSO wouldn't repair the pump they would just send a new
one.

Hmm. Very reassuring. And how much does this cost once the car is out of warranty.
Fault Mazda 6 Diesel - Altea Ego
So you are worried enough about the reliability of a car that you ask the dealer about specific problem yet you are still interested in buying one.

Why?

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
TVM, I need a diesel car. I do nearly 27K miles plus on the motorway. What diesel car do you recommend?? that won't breakdown. Is it not better to know what problems you are likely to have so that one can fix them ones self?
Fault Mazda 6 Diesel - Altea Ego
then get a primera dci and change the oil every 6000 miles to keep the turbo spinning
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Aprilia, I use to own a VW GT TDI, I purchased the car under warranty. Renewed the warranty three times at a cost of about £ 400. If I didn't then totally the cost of the repairs to that car would have cost me nearly £2500.In the course of 3 years that I owned the car. Timing belt tensioner broke, to mention one fault. Brake judder. Had brake discs replaced by dealer every four weeks six times ( all under warranty of course). Dealer eventually said it was the way I was driving my car. Said to him the I have been driving japanese car for nearly 20 years. All sold with 100,000 miles plus on them with nothing but service costs. No major parts replaced and serviced by myself.

Which is why I now think it might be a good idea to go to a Japanese make car. Cost of warranty for a Mazda 6 approx £450. But if you think Mazda 6 might give problems look up the problems people have had with VW TDI's. And this includes Audi TDI's.
Raman
Fault Mazda 6 Diesel - Aprilia
Which is why I now think it might be a good
idea to go to a Japanese make car. Cost of warranty
for a Mazda 6 approx £450. But if you think Mazda
6 might give problems look up the problems people have had
with VW TDI's. And this includes Audi TDI's.
Raman

I don't doubt you for one moment. I would rather run with ND's CR system than anyone else's.
Fault Mazda 6 Diesel - Screwloose
Raman

It appears to be a pressure-control fault with the Denso HP pump that's causing all the problems. Most are dealt with under warranty; but some Mazda dealers are fobbing-off the problem until it's run over-mileage [60,000] and then quoting £2,500-4,000 to fix it. One apparently changed the ECU [for £2,500!] and then found that they still hadn't fixed it!

The last [04-plate] one that I took away from a dealer was fixed by a very helpful diesel firm in Hove for the princely sum of £270. That included fitting a new pump that they got from Denso's UK agent Delphi, who couldn't understand why the dealer's were being so unhelpful.

Delphi are quite up-front about the existance of the problem and seem to have no restrictions on mileage or anything else. They're attitude seems to be "We're very sorry - there is a known problem - here's a new pump." Quite laudable compared to the convoluted evasions of many involved in the common-fail fiasco.
Screwloose, thanks for your input. However are you aware of any other faults that are common on the Mazda 6 diesels. Can you provide/send me any advice on what to look for when checking a Mazda 6 diesel
thanks Raman