Blemedia satnav - Young Goat
I have Bluemedia BM6300 from Evesham but I am disappointed with its performance, because it often gives me absurd routes.
I have complained to Evesham about it but they say there is nothong they can do about it at the moment !!!! (?????)
Does anyone know of any other software that will go in it ?
The hardware is a unit used by three or four other 'manufacturers' including Medion and Navman so I know other software will go in it, I just need to know which, if any is better than the software supplied by Evesham.
Blemedia satnav - Stuartli
TomTom admitted this week, after the story about motorists being diverted down narrow back roads and farm yards after selecting the quickest route on their sat navs, that maps are occasionally out of date and will need to be updated.

It's bringing out a new range in May (details on its website):

www.mytomtomgo.com/vervolg.php?id=125

In the meantime my best mate, who has just bought a new sat nav, says he's going to have to send it back as it says Liverpool are still in Europe.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Blemedia satnav - BobbyG
LOL
Has nobody got an answer to my question ?
Blemedia satnav - Adam {P}
I have a Navigon something or other which is identical to your Bluemedia 6300. (Even has Bluemedia stamped on the front).

It has Navigon Navigator software on it which is actually pretty good. You could try pocketgpsworld.com and see what they say.
Thanks, I looked at the Navigon website and they do a software exchange to fit he BM6300 for £39 ( Can't understand why they want the old software in exchange, what are they going to do with it other than bin it ?)
Still don't know if it will be any better than the software I have, pity I can't try it before I buy it.

Blemedia satnav - bursty
From my experience of SatNav systems if you set it to the shortest route it will direct you in a similar direction to a crow flying.

I have a Navman and my friend a TomTom and we have both had to play around with the settings to get them to give us a good route. Both of them have the TeleAtlas 2005 maps which came out the back end of last year (2005) but are probably 2 yrs old anyway. There not perfect but I dont think there is a SatNav that is.

You can't just blame the software neither, I do believe that the Satellites are years old and so this may have some effect on your routes also.

Blemedia satnav - Statistical outlier
You can't just blame the software neither, I do believe that
the Satellites are years old and so this may have some
effect on your routes also.

Yes you can!! Worst case, once it has a signal it can triangulate, the GPS system will locate you within 100 m of your actual location. With 7 or more locked, then it's more likely to be better than 10 m. There's no way you can tell me that this will affect the route planned.