warranties - willyb
Bought a 04 plate car recently with over one years manufacturer's warranty The non franchise garage where I bought it serviced the car as this was due.Question is -is the manufacturer's warranty still valid as their blurb says it needs to be serviced by them.

I thought this obligation had changed:anyone know for certain before I speak to them?

warranties - Dynamic Dave
Depends on whether or not they used the correctly specified parts and liquids and did the job to manufacturer standard.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/faq.htm?id=50

warranties - Matt08
It is now against the law (had this confirmed by Renault custoemr service) for a manuafacturer to insist on the services being carried out by them - ie a main dealer. The only stipulation that Renault said was that the parts that are replaced are genuine renault parts, which either the garage doing the service could buy of your could buy them at the dealership! At lewast you know that the parts are genuine!
warranties - willyb
Thanks guys you,ve confirmed what I thought. I'll check that the correct obvious parts:filters etc are manufacturers spec.and replace them if not. Incidently as far as the warranty terms are concerned seems that the supplier (Subaru)will not raise "wear and tear" issues if the mileage is below 60k except for the usual brake and clutch caveats. Seems fair to me.