Peugeot 406 Vibration - Benjymac
When I reaches a certain rev I get a lot of vibration in the accelerator pedal. The 406 is a 1997 R reg diesel estate (not HDI). When i manual adjust the throttle under the bonnet at the associated revs the whole injection unit vibrates rapidly. The Peugeot garage said it could be the fuel pump bearings but I reckon that would cause constant vibration and not just at a certain rev. It is undoubtedly to me a certain frequency that cause the excessive vibration as once you pass the revs the vibration goes away.

I don't know what revs it happens at as I don't have a rev counter but it will be up towards the higher end (occurs at 80mph in fifth gear, 60 mph in 4th gear if that helps)

DOes anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Peugeot 406 Vibration - Dzl
Sounds plausible. You've clearly identified the offending component. Worn bearings will tend to make themselves known at certain specific rotational speeds that correspond to their natural resonant frequencies.

If you have the same transmission as I had, that corresponds to 3200rpm. Clearly you have a much heavier foot than I.
Peugeot 406 Vibration - LeePower
Is it just the fuel pump vibrating at a certain rpm or is it the whole engine?

I know some of the petrol 406 engines vibrate at a certain rpm range ( 2500 - 3000 ) when the rear engine mounting is worn, I don't know if the HDI suffers from the same problem.
Peugeot 406 Vibration - dieselhead
I had exactly same problem vibration through accelerator pedal at certain revs etc. which seemed to come from injection pump area - completly eliminated when fuel injectors got serviced to sort out bad starting. I guess the faulty injectors cause the engine to run roughly and vibrate might be worth looking at.