Keep it on the black stuff. - henry k
There are many many examples of damaged fences and pedestrian guard fences within just a few miles of my area around Kingston Surrey.
It seems that another damaged one is observed every time I go out. The latest is on the 30 mph A307 Old Portsmouth Road into Kingston. The railings between the pavement and the tow path have taken a big hit.
At many other sites it is obvious that the driver has not gone round a corner but gone straight on for what ever reason.
Is it just in my area or is this a trend that is happening in your area?
Keep it on the black stuff. - bell boy
non stop up here in west yorkshire .
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Keep it on the black stuff. - cub leader
nope not localised see it round coventry on gaurd rails and back home its chunks missing from the grass verge that mysteriously jump onto the road!
--
Temporarily not a student, where did the time go???
Keep it on the black stuff. - BazzaBear {P}
When I was younger and thought I was immortal I did this, hit and damaged a bridge over a canal, only loosened the mortar between a couple of stones on the parapet. I was in danger of getting charged for repairs to the bridge, which 'retail' would have been very expensive, but we knew someone who worked for British Waterways, and he sent out a repair gang on the quiet to repair it, telling us that it happened all the time anyway.
2 days later someone took the parapet out entirely.

As long as all you're seeing is damaged fences, and no bunches of flowers.
Keep it on the black stuff. - Peter D
Lots of bent predestian protection metal railings on exits of islands and yes flowers strapped to lamp posts on exits from islands. What are they Like. Regards Peter
Keep it on the black stuff. - Sofa Spud
Several round here - some away from roads - wonder if its deliberate in some cases.
Keep it on the black stuff. - Lud
Don't really understand what this thread is about. Going straight on at a sudden sharp corner the driver has failed to notice in time, or has seriously misjudged, is perhaps the commonest single-vehicle accident. Not surprised so many of the drivers try to limp home without being spotted. It isn't the sort of thing you'd be proud of.
Keep it on the black stuff. - deepwith
This happened outside our village school a couple of years ago - on a straight piece of road - at 3.25 p.m. Completely destroyed the railing by the childrens gate where parents and younger siblings congregate. Very fortunately it was half term.