Meguiars - anyone tried it? - wonderwheels
Has anyone used this brand of wax/polishes/cleaners?. If so,is it better than other brands and worth the extra? Thinking of going for a few products from the range to get that "showroom" finish.
Meguiars - anyone tried it? - blue_haddock
Most of the people that i know who compete in show and shine/concours use meguiars products so if your looking for good quality stuff i don't think you will find a better recommendation
Meguiars - anyone tried it? - MGspannerman
Yes, and I think it is excellent. I find it easy to apply and buff up and the results are very good indeed. Maybe a little more expensive than other products but my car still comes up very well indeed after a quick wash, even after waxing it several months ago. I wouldnt use anything else. Highly recommended!

MGs
Meguiars - anyone tried it? - andy76
Yes, their stuff is generally very good, although if you want even better alternatives have a look over at:
www.detailingworld.co.uk

Andrew
Meguiars - anyone tried it? - Quinny100
I've got a few of their products, some are better than others. None of them give a vastly better finish than Autoglym products, but the waxes are easier to apply.

The NXT Tech Wax is great - very easy to apply and leaves a great shine, but doesn't last that long. I tend to put either Turtle Wax Gloss Guard or Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection over the top to seal it in which gives great results. This product works best on darker colourered cars, light colours like Silver don't come up any better than they would with a cheaper product.

I've used their Quick Clay Detailing Kit which is great if your paintwork isn't perfectly smooth. It lifts a lot of muck out of the paint which gives a better shine when polished but it also makes the car much easier to wash and apply wax to.

The wash solutions - I've tried the Gold Class and the NXT washes and I genuinely can't tell any difference between them and the Simoniz Max Wax stuff I normally use, except that the latter only costs about 80p a litre bought in 5L bottles from Costco and the Meguiars costs nearer £7 a litre for the NXT.

The wheel cleaner is no better than using a normal normal wash solution and a wheel brush.

T-Cut is far more effective than Scratch-X.
Meguiars - anyone tried it? - Roberson
No, I haven't tried Meguiars, but in a recent test in Practical Classics, it come highly recommended. I have also heard that its quite popular amongst the 'show and shine' kind of people that you get at car shows etc.

However, I personally use Bilt-Hambers Autobalm. I know its all personal preference, but I would say that this is the best around, as its the only wax tested that will stop rust and get rid of holographic swirls/lines without the need for any effort at all. It also doesn't produce any dust upon polishing off. Quite expensive though, at £17 to your door (mail order only) but well worth it.

Like Quinny100, I?ve used Meguiars quick clay too, which is also excellent. Gives the best possible finish after you waxed your car.
Meguiars - anyone tried it? - Blue {P}
I thought the Quick Clay was meant to be used *before* you wax to ensure a perfect surface to wax over?

Blue
Meguiars - anyone tried it? - Citivanvin
After reading the good reviews I used Meguiars on my Panda 45 last year, and I was very impressed with the results, especially as it was very easy to use. The positive comments at shows as a result was also very pleasing :)
Meguiars - anyone tried it? - Vansboy
I'm a convert (from Mer), & Mrs V has had her Mx5 treated with it since new 34 months ago & it still looks 1st class.

Halfords now stock it, but it is a premium product & attracts a high margin, so see if you can do a deal, with an independent stockist.

VB
Meguiars - anyone tried it? - Roberson
I thought the Quick Clay was meant to be used *before*
you wax to ensure a perfect surface to wax over?
Blue

Correct! Its just been very badly worded by me. What I mean is; it gives a better finish when the wax is applied afterwards. Use clay bar without waxing has little or no effect on its appearance.
Meguiars - anyone tried it? - Roly93
I've heard this stuff is very good. Up until now I have used both Autoglym Super Resin and also the 2 pot Diamond Brite paintwork protection system.
I think the Autoglym is overated for what it costs, whilst the Diamond Brite is okay if you only pay a temmer for it on Ebay, but if I'd paid £200 or so in a dealer I think I would cry !
Meguiars - anyone tried it? - storme
i swear by it

and zymol
--
www.storme.co.uk
Meguiars - anyone tried it? - oldtoffee
I now prefer Meguiars NXT wax over Autoglym. The shine is noticeably deeper (on my black car) it is easier to apply and a bonus is it doesn't leave the white dust behind that Autoglym Resin Polish does. For older cars requiring additional preparation their 3 stage clean, polish and wax products work well. I find the ScratchX is less abrasive than T-Cut but needs more work if you're looking to remove stubborn swirl and haze marks. If you want some good advice on polishing and waxing I found polishedbliss.co.uk hugely informative.
Meguiars - anyone tried it? - Roger Jones
Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine came onto the market fairly recently and is formulated for use with dark colours. It works a treat on my metallic-black Golf.
Meguiars - anyone tried it? - turbo11
I have been using Meguiars mirror glaze wax for around twenty years.Its the best wax I have come across,although it will usually only last around 4 to 5 months.