Parking, Stansted airport - Lud
Having booked flights for a short visit to a friend in Granada in early May, I find that the airport is Stansted which I have never used. The flight there in particular is at 6.50 in the morning and it may be difficult to get to the airport in time. Normally I would drive, but a look at the parking section in the Stansted airport website seemed to show that 12 days in the long-term car park there would cost well over £100.

Does anyone have a technique for getting round this? Am I just out of date as well as practically penniless?
Parking, Stansted airport - school boy
Get a ticket from the barrier, if thats how it works, (not if its pay and display) then when you get back go to the barrier get a ticket, pay for 10mins then go. It probably wont work but see what the situation is like and it might be worth a try.
Parking, Stansted airport - SjB {P}
A quick Forum Search reveals the following Stansted parking discussions:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=30211&...e

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=17...7
Parking, Stansted airport - BazzaBear {P}
I used an off-site place which runs a ten minute taxi to the airport, pretty sure it was less than that. In Bishops-Stanford (or something like that). It was one of the top results on putting 'stansted parking' in to google. Possibly through Pink Elephant.
Parking, Stansted airport - stevied
Bishop's Stortford.
That's the fella.
Thinking about it, it's Bishops-Storford Football Club that run it.
Looks like it'd be just under £80 for 10 days in May.
Parking, Stansted airport - daveyjp
Having had relatives who lived in Bishops Stortford and knowing Stansted Airport the football club is probably nearer than most of the official parking! Last time we went to the official parking the bus journey took over half an hour. It was miles by the time we had done a tour to pick everyone up.
Parking, Stansted airport - BB
When we last used Stansted airport, we booked a hotel room at the Hilton for the night before our flight and got free parking for around 4/5 days. The hilton bus will take you and pick you up from/to the airport

May be worth looking into. I think it cost us around £80
Parking, Stansted airport - Roger Jones
Go by train if you can.
Parking, Stansted airport - Lud
Trouble is first shuttle is at truly ungodly hour of the morning, and taxi to Liverpool St may well cost £20... plus may not be early enough to jump through all the hoops they insist on these days. I think the hotel/parking package sounds best... if you have to pay a hundred quid at this end just to be able to go away, you might as well get something for it!

Thanks to everyone for prompt and useful replies.
Parking, Stansted airport - Armitage Shanks {p}
I use the Bishops Stortford Football Club whenever I fly out of Stansted. They provide a 24 hour service and a secure fenced CCTV monitored site. £7 a day when I last used them and I get 50p a day off for being in the CSMA. They drop you at Departures (obviously) - on return you ring them when you have cleared customs and got your luggage and they come and pick you up in the short stay car park. I have always had a good service from them for the last 5 years. Medium stay on the airport was £13 a day or part thereof when I last checked; some people taking a family of 4 away for a week in the Summer reckon that nearly £100 for a week's parking is only a small %age of the overall cost of the holiday! You pay your money and take your choice!
Parking, Stansted airport - pafosman
Evening, I have used Bishops Stortford F.C. 'meet & greet' four times. Excellent every time, apparently they have their own website but I can't find it! I check the prices with 2 or 3 brokers as the price can vary. The convenience and speed is worth the extra money to me.

Papho
Parking, Stansted airport - drbe
Have a look at www.airport-hotel-shop.co.uk they have lots of deals offering "free parking" for up to 15 days with a nights stay.