Tyre question - johnny
Looking on Black Circles website for a new set of tyres for my Zafira, and there's plenty of choice around the £50 - £60 a corner mark. I find it a pretty bouncy vehicle to drive anyway, but can the make of tyre make any difference to this? (195 65 R15 btw )
Tyre question - bell boy
a 65 aspect is usually more hard than bouncy are you following recommended tyre presssures for the vehicle?

--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Tyre question - tyrexpert
Internet sellers can be quite expensive. I have just checked the fully fitted prices on your quoted size and I found that they were at least £6 per tyre more than the going rate. A couple of serious exceptions were the Firestone TZ200 at £12 more than usual and the v rated Uniroyal was over £20 more than normal. Michelin about £15 over the top and Budgets £18 in excess. You will also find that often there list of fitting stations are seriously under equipped part worn palaces. Why pay a lot lot more for a lot less.
Tyre question - BazzaBear {P}
I use mytyres, not blackcircles, but the last two times I've used them they've saved me an average of £40 per corner. With fitting then costing about £6 each at my local ATS, that's still a hefty saving.
There's no necessity to use one of their recommended fitters, pick your own.
Tyre question - Roly93
I still maintain that in my experience valuetyres are the best online tyre retailer, have a look at www.valuetyres.co.uk.
Tyre question - BazzaBear {P}
I still maintain that in my experience valuetyres are the best
online tyre retailer, have a look at www.valuetyres.co.uk.

Probably depends on what you're after.
For my car they don't do a tyre in my preferred size at all, in the next best size I can get a set of 4 Bridgestone S03's for £371 from mytyres inc. delivery, £412 from valuetyres, not inc. delivery.
Mytyres also seems to have a much wider choice. As I said though, it probably depends on your needs.
The two sizes that interest me are pretty rare (225/40/16 and 225/45/16) and seem to be therefore usually expensive, perhaps valuetyres concentrate on large (and therefore cheap) stocks of more common sizes.
My tyre of choice is the Toyo Proxy T1-R as a 225/40/16, only £57 each, incredibly cheap for a performance tyre in a pretty big size.
Tyre question - johnny
Tyrexpert - where are you getting the going rate from? Do I want to be looking at places like National or ATS, or local independents?
Tyre question - Ruperts Trooper
My local independent garage can match the best internet prices whenever I've needed car tyres, so they get the business, but aren't competitive for less common tyres like commercial rated 8-ply for a caravan - for these I used www.tyretraders.com
Tyre question - tyrexpert
Tyrexpert - where are you getting the going rate from? Do
I want to be looking at places like National or ATS,
or local independents?

Local Independents always.. The national chains are always the most expensive kids on the block.