stalling focus - walton1
I've a 2000 Focus, 1.8 Zetec, which has suddenley started stalling. It appears to happen when the car is begining to warm up (about the time that in an older car you would be putting the choke in) and if I take my foot off the accelerator around this time eg coming to a junction before I actually stop the car suddenly stalls. No warning lights come on prior to this but occasionally just before it happens the speedo drops to zero although I can be accelerating at that point and then if I take my foot off the accelerator it stalls. It only happens once per journey from cold.
Someone suggested a faultly crankcase sensor, anyone got any ideas please?
stalling focus - elekie&a/c doctor
This sounds like a possible fault with the Vss.(vehicle speed sensor).This sends a signal to the speedo & the engine ecu to control idle speed.It is fitted at the back of gearbox near driveshafts.
stalling focus - Adam {P}
Just to add, this is a relatively common problem. Have you ever noticed the speedo dying suddenly?
stalling focus - Yoby
Might be worth giving it an Italian Tune. A good belt up the motorway / dual carriageway for 5-10 miles and see if that clears it. Solved a similar problem with my Mk3 Mondeo 2.0 - actually originally suggested by you Adam!

Yoby