Fiat Idea - Strange Noise - baronfive
Helo all,

I'm hoping someone out there can give me some pointers as to what might be causing the following problem.

I have a 2 year old Fiat Idea which is basically a small MPV.

When setting of in first gear up to 2000rpm I hear what can only be described as a light "whoa, whoa, whoa" noise.(Sorry for the description)

It also happens in 2nd and third gears up to 2000 rpm.

I feel that the noise would seem to come from a component which is rotating.

My local dealership have installed a new idler bearing and driveshaft but to no avail.

If anyone has experience of this type of problem, or even better solved the very problem, please let me know.

Many Thanks,

Mark
Fiat Idea - Strange Noise - mss1tw
Differential?
Fiat Idea - Strange Noise - Peter D
Does it when stationary or is really a drive chain noise. This could be the diff an out put bearing or even a wheel bearing. does it do it under laod at that rpm or on the over-run or what. Regards Peter
Fiat Idea - Strange Noise - autumnboy
I can't see it being the diff, wheel bearing or drive-shaft, where in every gear at 2000 rpm you get the noise. If it was the diff, wheel bearing or drive-shaft the noise would occur at a certain speed whatever gear you're in, regardless of the revs.

As suggested can you get the noise to occur stationary, if so. Can you only get it, in gear with the clutch depressed. If so, then its something only engine related, Air con pump/Alternator or something of that nature. If not, then try below.

Can you only get it in neutral with the clutch out, then its transmission problems, Clutch bearing/Gearbox. If not, then it could be something vibrating at that cetain rev, like the exhaust etc while you travelling.

It a process of elimination to find these sort of noise's

Good luck.