suspension arms! - Honda Civic - lazza
I have a popping noise coming from left front suspension when wheel goes over small pot-holes(i avoid the big'uns) or badly patched, rippled surfaces. I'm guessing it maybe suspension arm or bushes. Car is Honda Civic type-R with only 25K miles still under warranty. I'm going to get it looked at but am not paying for replacement parts unless it's considered to be wear&tear. Any views from fellow owners / mechanics pleeze.
suspension arms! - Hamsafar
Probably anti-roll bar links, as these tend to make a noise on the smaller roadway imperfections, whereas arms on the big bumps and potholes.
suspension arms! - Roger Jones
Seems very similar to what I experienced with my MB W126 300 SE, also left front. It was fixed with a "ball-joint repair kit" (£50), more easily than my mechanic was anticipating.

The "repair kit" bit indicates that it was a known weakness of the model. The failure was no doubt brought on by previous owners with plenty of bumping on and off pavements -- exactly the sort of thing that pavement parking does, and then there's the speed-hump issue . . .
suspension arms! - Civic8
Would agree with Ishok,also dampers have been known to cause the same thing!
--
Steve
suspension arms! - Aprilia
Anti-roll bar drop links I would think.
suspension arms! - lazza
Aprilia. Dealer says it's a NSF strut that needs replacing. They've had a look at it and said it'll be done under warranty.
suspension arms! - Honda Civic - Falkirk Bairn
Still under warranty! I would think that will cover it - my experience of 2 Hondas was that everything was covered for a full 3 years apart from accident damage and consumables such as tyres and brakes.

Month 35 they replaced the exhaust FOC when in for its service & check-up b4 expiry of warranty.

I did not know it had a small hole but the garage picked it up and apologised that it was not in stock and asked me to come back the next day - excellent service!!