Advice re shoddy workmanship - scott1s
Wifes car (A4) went in to the dealership before christmas to sort a couple more electrical maladies and to replace the underguards which acted as a snowplough and fell off. Aside from popping bulbs with enough frequency to keep Osram's share price sky high (Want a laugh - reason . . . "it's due to the cold snap Mrs Scott. The sudden heat of the bulb coming on in cold air blows 'em." Have you even heard such pish!!) these was a commotion of snaps crackles and pops from behind the dash, Sounded to me like relays switching on and off and this was occurring even with no keys in the ignition.
Anyway long story short. Car booked in to an Audi garage, diagnosed as "air conditioning motor". Car sent home and re-booked in. work done snap crackles and pops seemingly gone. She goes back to work in January plugs in mobile to hands free - doesn't work. Phones dealership again as obviously when AC being worked on they haven't connected something back correctly. Response - "we have no record of having worked on the dash of your car" Car booked in to be checked (again) diagnosed as a broken wiring loom. sent home again still not working. Car in again yesterday to be fixed - apparently - but not done as "the leasing co wouldn't authorise the repairs". Of course they wouldn't!!! Why should the leasing co pay to fix the garages shoddy workmanship!! So now in catch 22. Garage says not their fault ("all our work was underneath the car madam" - more pish IMHO), leasing co says not their responsibility (correctly) hower the missus is still left with a car (tool of her job) that doesn't work. We are in catch 22. what can we do here?
Sorry if this is a bit confusing . . .

{Garage name removed as per the forum no name/shame policy. DD}
Advice re shoddy workmanship - L'escargot
Make an appointment to visit the company (and/or companies) to discuss the matter in person with the service manager, or a director if you so wish. Discuss the matter calmly and pleasantly. I repeat ~ calmly and pleasantly.
--
L\'escargot.
Advice re shoddy workmanship - Dave N
What's an 'air conditioning motor'? and is it in the dash? If it isn't then you can't complain.
Advice re shoddy workmanship - Altea Ego
You tell the leasing company to fix *their* "swear swear" car and until they do the lease payment STOPS.

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Advice re shoddy workmanship - Bill Payer
You tell the leasing company to fix *their* "swear swear" car
and until they do the lease payment STOPS.

Exactly - the whole point of having a company car is that someone else takes care of all this.
Don't know what size of company your wife works for but when I had probs with company cars I wouldn't speak to the leasing company - just get the fleet manager to sort it out.

For what it's worth my brother recently got an A4 - he's tried 2 dealers and they're both rubbish - real attitude problem in both of them. Must be an overall Audi thing.
Advice re shoddy workmanship - Avant
Aston Green Audi (in process of changing their name to Slough Audi) have so far been very good for both sales and service, largely because I have each time dealt with the same person at service reception (Mark Dobson). This can make a great deal of dfference - with so many steel-and-glass palaces there is a different person on every time, who has no knowledge of what the workshop has (or hasn't) done.