enco "fuel economizer", anyone used it? - spencer
has anyone used the enco "fuel economizer"? It claims to improve fuel economy by up to 20% by separating large hydrocarbon molecules by some kind of electric current. I might be getting a job selling the things!
Re: enco "fuel economizer", anyone used - David W
Spencer,

I think you last line of work was a little more honest than you will have to be to sell these "magic potions".

David
Re: enco "fuel economizer", anyone used - Adam Going (Tune-Up Ltd)
David,

That's a terrible thing to say. The poor chap may have been a Tax Inspector !

Regards, and good luck with Polo - I amsure it will serve you well.

Adam
Re: enco "fuel economizer", anyone used - David W
I've a good memory and remember Spencer's "job" from last year.

David
Re: enco "fuel economizer", anyone used - David Withers
The patents department of an engine design company that I worked for was the first point of call for a multitude of inventors trying to get into the engine market with devices claimed to work wonders for the economy, emissions and/or power output of engines. These devices were always accompanied by very convincing 'test figures' or 'before and after' examples.

I cannot go into any specific cases for obvious reasons but I can say that not one of the devices we assessed lived up to the claims made for it.
Re: enco "fuel economizer", anyone used - Andy P
If you compare the size of the magnet or whatever they use and those fitted to our NMR machine where I work (a device used to analyse chemicals), you'll notice a slight difference. An NMR machine weighs the best part of a ton, an most of this is the huge electromagnet required to generate the strong magnetic fields necessary. It's so strong that you can't go near the thing with a windy-up watch or it stops. There is no way you can affect ANY chemical with a tiny magnet they fit to these devices

Andy

P.S. I have been very successful in having two ads pulled from the Mail On Sunday - devices designed to clean ponds using the same kind of idea.
How about copper bracelets? - rogerb
With or without magnets?
Seve Ballesteros swears by 'em - but look at HIS results these days!
(Sorry, non-golfers!)