306 td battery - scfc_151
just thinking of getting a battery for my 306 1.9td. it was new last year but ive never been impressed. at the minute its a 570 amp. my brother had a bosch silver 650 amp on his polo 1.9d and his is superb. just wondered if putting a bigger battery on (battery pan size permitting) would do it any harm?

the battery has been 'slow' charged quite a few times, all water levels are fine but it still starts rough and slow. any opinions?
306 td battery - Dynamic Dave
the battery has been 'slow' charged quite a few times, all
water levels are fine but it still starts rough and slow.

Are all electrical connections clean and secure?
306 td battery - dieselhead
earth connection to top of gearbox could be loose or corroded perhaps
306 td battery - jc
You're comparing two different starter motors;why not swap batteries for a while,if they'll fit.
all of the connections are clean and secure. i thought about swaping batteries for a while but my brother lives quite far away unfortunatly so its impractical. plus id feel guilty if it totally packed up on him :-). i wondered if the battery may have sat on the shelf for a long time and may be in poor condition to start with? ive come to learn not to trust the particular shop over time so i regret getting the battery from him.

thanks for the replies though.
if a larger battery ie. 650 amp would fit in the car would this be ok? i think the price of the bosch battery is reasonable at my local auto shop so better too much power than too little?