Peugeot 205 - mrmender
Good Morning as i've mentioned in a previous theard (city rover) mrsmender is after a new shopping trolly.
A friend is selling a 205 Diesel question.. Did they all have power steering?
Also if we go looking at others what should i pay for the best diesels
Peugeot 205 - ma
They all had power steering from 1994 onwards. An option before that
Peugeot 205 - blue_haddock
No they don't all have power steering and without it low speed manouvers can be a bit like wrestling with a gorilla.

You should be able to get a good late one for less than £1000. The model i would recomend is the STDT - it's a 1.8 Turbo Diesel in a GTi shell so you get the bodykit, suspension and interior. I had one until recently and got approx 50mpg regardless of how hard i drove it and it handled fantasticly due to the GTi style suspension.
Peugeot 205 - Editor
what haddock said. That model was excellent!! I also had a normaly aspirated one-that wasn't bad either. Be warned, that turbo one is seriously fun.

Usual stuff-check cam belt change etc. They also seem to eat tie bars (I think..). Ckeck for oil leaks too. Ah, & check out the insurance before you commit too.

If all above checks out & it is the turbo & you don't want it, do please email via the link below!

www.bayingbasset.com

Peugeot 205 - Lud
I inherited an early, non-power steering 205 diesel. The basic car was excellent, refined, economical and sufficiently rapid, but the body and trim were flimsy and on that particular example the rear brakes were troublesome. Most of all, though, it really needed power steering because the unpowered steering was not only low-geared but had very strong castor action.