rover 400 head gasket - lboardman32
had a friends head gasket skimmed and fitted it back on then got them to tow me in the car to get oil to tappets, but car will still not work. any ideas
rover 400 head gasket - Civic8
If I read your post correctly,because the engine would not start, you had a tow.trying to get oil pump pressure to head,correct if wrong so far?,..If it would not start as mentioned.Have you checked camshaft timing on both cams are correct ie inlet/exhaust cams are in line..if not it wont start
--
Steve
rover 400 head gasket - Civic8
Just realised,you had to disconnect battery to do the job.this will mean resetting the immobiliser/alarm,presume alarm is not going off?-immobiser is reset by pressing the remote unlock key button around 5/6 times,this usually works unless another prob
--
Steve
rover 400 head gasket - JayF Engineering Services

Did you put the cam pulleys back on the correct cams???if not it wont start and did you put the hydraulic followers back in the holes they came out of? if not they can sometimes make it hard to start ,I always put them back where they came from as a matter of course and also let some oil go from them to ensure the valves ar shutting and allowing the engine to have compression when first starting.