New car broker - GrahamM

My son is thinking of using a company called interestfree4cars to buy a new car. They sell new cars at list price on interest-free credit with no deposit and repayments over 1 to 5 years according to your preference. I've read their website, but does anyone have any experience, good or bad, of actually using them, please? Many thanks GrahamM

Edited by Avant on 12/06/2013 at 00:20

www.interestfree4cars.com - blue_haddock
Well i've no experience of them but having had a quick look at their site i notice that for cars that traditional give little discount you have to pay a massive deposit or for cars that you can get good discounts on the total amount payable is way higher than buying the car from a car supermarket/broker/pre-reg and then getting a loan and paying the interest.

For example

Audi A4 - £12k deposit
BMW 3 series - £4.5k deposit
Ford KA - £7.5k total payable for base model
Nissan Almera - £10.5K total payable.

Doesn't look good to me personally
www.interestfree4cars.com - Blue {P}
Good point Blue, a Ford Ka is available brand new for about £4,999 so their offer isn't really interest free, they just charge a high price for the car (bearing in mind that in the land of Ford the list price bears no resemblance to how much you actually pay).

Blue
www.interestfree4cars.com - blue_haddock
Good point Blue, a Ford Ka is available brand new for
about £4,999 so their offer isn't really interest free

Thats pretty much what i thought they were available for - they will use the extra money thats in the metal to subsidize the finance rate.

I've just had a proper look round their website and the more i read the worse i feel about them - FAQ page that says "coming soon", only a couple of testimonials and some very dubious claims.

The main claim that is this one

"Given that most dealerships are currently offering typical APR's in the region of 13.9%, buying a £12,000 vehicle from InterestFREE4cars.com could save you around £70 per month over five years - the price of a weekend break EVERY month for five years. "

I'd rather pay 13.9% on a £5k loan to buy a KA than pay 0% on a £7.5k loan for the Ford KA.
www.interestfree4cars.com - Bill Payer
save
you around £70 per month over five years - the price
of a weekend break EVERY month for five years. "

I'll have some of those weekend breaks for £70, please!
www.interestfree4cars.com - Nsar
and just what is wrong with a weekend camping in Widnes?
www.interestfree4cars.com - Bill Payer
you mean apart from the smell form the rendering factory?
www.interestfree4cars.com - Swagger78

I have just listened to a phone call made to my wife (she has her calls recorded) by this company after she made an enquiry and yet asked them not to directly call her (which was ignored). She was given the hard sell when this was pointless as they were trying to sell her a car she'd told them she couldn't even use.

When she again told them this the salesman embarrassed her for needing that shape car (his quote "what?? you really want the old old old old shape?" i.e the previous model before!) and not the all new and all singing model they were trying to palm off.

They also told her that the new model car they were trying to sell her was identical to the one she needed and she COULD use it/access it JUST to make a sale. This is ludicrious as had she not made her own enquiries and tried them, she would have been sold a car that was useless. It is VERY different. This horrified me and all that have since heard the call (of which there have been many).

When he couldn't make a sale he put the phone down on her when she was speaking. The call made very uncomfortable listening. Thankfully her care team were present and were listening and followed it up, and she did receive an apology although they were told their salesman was not rude as they heard him (is their standard practise sell then?). However the excuse was given that the salesman was 'confused' what model she needed. She stated on email AND on the phone that she needed the previous model car and even the reg year, model, engne, doors, condition etc so I'm not sure how much clearer they need?

The company did apologise for ringing when she had requested no call. She has never been dealt with like this by any company and I will be taking it further, as she has her wits about her, but elderly would have been possibly very flustered by the saleman. This is unacceptable. I wonder how he would've dealt with bullying me... her rather huge husband?

Anyhow... we shall stick to garages we can see, face to face. All of which who have been extremely helpful and wanted to find my wife a car she can actually USE. Most have geniunely admitted they couldn't help, wished us well and suggested other motors and places to try to help HER not line their pockets.

Just for the record... looking 2nd hand he offered a car that retails else where for between £5.5K-£7.5 for £9.6K. So HJ is absolutely right. You don't save at all.

www.interestfree4cars.com - Mrwarbuton

interestfreeforcars.com were fined thousands recently by trading standards for unfair trading and misleading customers and advertising. We got a quote before we researched them and their cars were 3/4K dearer than anywhere else! (on a cheap car in the first place). We weren't treated well on the phone when we said we needed to go away and do our sums. They trade under many names too (i.e Motor Depot Ltd), all with bad reviews too. Scary stuff.

www.interestfree4cars.com - happyjo
Not sure why it's that 'scary', each to their own i guess. We had a good experience buying from them and i'm suprised by the negative views. I'm sure if you search hard enough you can better anyone's deal, we considered a lot of cars from different dealers. In the end we were treated fairly, got what we wanted for our car and will pay less in the long run then what the other dealers were offering. Like i said, each to their own but our experience was fine.
www.interestfree4cars.com - InterestFREE4cars.com

As of 2011 Interest FREE 4 Cars were aquired by Goball Ltd, much of the reviews and information found on Honest John do not reflect our companies trading practises and are historic, belonging to a previous company. Our website is approved by the Office of Fair Trading.

We have created this username on Honest John to address any issues or comments directly with our customer base or any Honest John users wishing to query

With regards to your personal experience when contacting us, we apolagise if you were not satisfied with the price of our cars, or our finance offers. With regards to your treatment on the phone we are always looking at ongoing staff training and are thankful for your comments.

Edited by InterestFREE4cars.com on 11/06/2013 at 14:30

www.interestfree4cars.com - Avant

The above post has been complained about, quite understandably, as an attempt at free advertising. On balance I'm prepared to let it stand, as the writer seems to be merely defending his company against complaints which were some years old and made about a previous management.

I leave it to others to judge the professionalism or otherwise of an organisation whose spokesman can't spell "acquired", "practices" or "apologise", and writes "companies" instead of "company's".

Avant (moderator)

www.interestfree4cars.com - oldtoffee
Their 12 Reg Corsa price is about £1700 over what you could pick one up for from an established car supermarket. So that clearly funds the 0% finance. If you did your own finance on £7,300 over 5 years you'd end up paying £8 a month less with Tesco which doesn't make interestfreecars.com rip off expensive although Tesco's spelling and grammar clearly has the edge.

You'd have thought by stating they've been bought by Globall Limited someone might check out who Globall Limited are to see if they add some much needed credibility. No such company is listed in my company credit check database.
www.interestfree4cars.com - RT
You'd have thought by stating they've been bought by Globall Limited someone might check out who Globall Limited are to see if they add some much needed credibility. No such company is listed in my company credit check database.

The company is Goball Limited, as posted by the company - not Globall Limited - which is why you might not find it.

Goball Limited is a holding company, with two named directors.

www.interestfree4cars.com - InterestFREE4cars.com

Not sure why our post has raised complaints, we were advised to post this by a member of Honest Johns team in an effort to address any past issues personally.

I will try to be a little more careful in what I post, and use a spell checker next time.

www.interestfree4cars.com - FP

"Not sure why our post has raised complaints..." - A moderator has made it clear why complaints have been made: "[It]...has been complained about, quite understandably, as an attempt at free advertising."

When I first saw the post in question, my thoughts were the same as Avant's, though I didn't actually complain. I'm still feeling a bit cynical about it, but maybe that's just me.

And as for the errors in expression - I don't wish to sound pedantic, but what people post is always much more authoritative if it's correctly expressed.

Sorry if that sounds grouchy - I have a foul cold at the moment. Blame it on that.

www.interestfree4cars.com - oldtoffee

>>>>>The company is Goball Limited, as posted by the company - not Globall Limited - which is why you might not find it.

Thank you RT, my mistake which was dumb of me.

www.interestfree4cars.com - martinosullivan2002

Hi, I bought a Mercedes Coupe C220 from them last November. The car has since required a new engine and cost me over £2000. When I spoke to their team they told me i didn't have a leg to stand on due to the fact it was out of warranty. I was told by the Mercedes garage that the car had been mis handled at the last service (completed by Interestfree4cars).

Edited by Avant on 19/06/2013 at 20:28

New car broker - Avant

Thread closed. It's not serving any useful purpose, and both customers and the supplier are complaining about offensive posts.

If anyone has further comments, whether complimentary or adverse, please deal directly with the supplier.