Steel Wheels - Marc
No it's not a Rolling Stones thread. Back in autumn I bought SWMBO a 99V RAV4 auto to replace her Volvo. It's a GX spec and as such has five spoke steel wheels and not alloys like you get on the VX and special editions.

The car is really nice and the wheels were initially smart but with all the salt on the roads over the past few months they are now looking a bit scruffy with surface rust. Anybody got any ideas what it would cost roughly to get them blasted and resprayed? Also, what kind of places do this kind of work? bodyshops?

My other option is to try and get a secondhand set of alloys from a breakers or ebay but then you could be buying damaged/bent rims..
Steel Wheels - Navara Van man
my Isuzu trooper runs on steel rims every 2 years I pressure wash and deagrease them and aply a coat of thinned down silver smoth hamerite total cost £10. A body shop should be able to do the job probably about £200 ish

paul
Steel Wheels - Hamsafar
Try and get them blasted and powder coated. Pale grey would look nice, and the finish would be very reilient and should never need further attention. Powder coaters are in the yellow pages, and you can get other things done at the same time such as bolt heads.
Steel Wheels - Happy Blue!
Just what I was going to say...

It may be that you can buy a set of second hand wheels to use whilst your main set are being refurbished. Shot blasting will be carried out by the powder coaters and removes all surface rust, paint, grease etc, before putting a hard plastic coating on.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?