Localised fuel shortages - Altea Ego
Well we have all commented on it, garages all over with various pumps out of use, and even closed.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4562158.stm

Expect to see your local garage run out from time to time if you live in the midlands /south east.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Localised fuel shortages - Avant
There was a lot of demand in the week before Christmas, but I read today that the distributors hope to get bavk to normal in this week which is usually quieter.

It'll be OK if the press would just shut up about it and then fewer idiots would go out panic buying and indulging their favourite sport of queuing. As I write there are thousands of them out there queuing for car parks, shops and possibly petrol. I recommend the services of a taxidermist for the lot of them.
Localised fuel shortages - Xileno {P}
Avant is spot on. What is it with people, we seem to decend into some kind of frenzy on account of one day a year? A local supermarket near us was restricting entry to ten people at a time as the shop was so crowded. Queues of cars out onto to roads. Anyone would think there was a war on.
Localised fuel shortages - JH
TVM,
I filled up twice in the two days after the fire, once to fill up a hire car before returning it and once for my own car, because it was almost empty. I used two diffrent filling stations and they both had about half of the pumps out of action. The request "don't panic" has had it's usual effect and I'm about 200 miles away from Buncefield.

I liked Matt's cartoon on the subject!

John

Localised fuel shortages - netlang
I had real difficulty gettig some unleaded in Bracknell this afternoon. Driving around on fumes only I found most garages have run out and the ones with stock have large queues.
Localised fuel shortages - henry k
Today, on the radio, there was a further admission by Total and another petrol Co. that there are delivery problems that are causing shortages of fuel in the south.
Localised fuel shortages - Stuartli
Remember the panic buying of toilet rolls and coffee when it was claimed there would be a shortage...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Localised fuel shortages - Hugo {P}
We get virtually no panic buying here in Cornwall/Devon.

Occasionally Plymouth gets hit, but the apparent sum total of the recent incident down here is McDonalds in Tavistock being shut on Boxing Day - so a blow for healthy eating perhaps?

The south east and midlands response tp "fuel shortages" is "immediate", whereas the cornish response is "dreckly" ;)
Localised fuel shortages - bikemade3
Sign on the counter of Mc Donalds in Taunton that they were experiencing shortages, made me wonder what oil do they fry the chips in?
Localised fuel shortages - Altea Ego
re Ronald McDonald, they had a major distribution depot next door - all the burgers and buns were over cooked
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Localised fuel shortages - Adam {P}
Makes a change.
Localised fuel shortages - henry k
At least we do not have a problem with McD supplies.
tinyurl.com/aj2pb
Localised fuel shortages - autumnboy
I've been told that Shell is suspending its supply of Optimax fuel for awhile, because of shortages due to the burntout depot.