Injector cleaners and EuroIV diesels - BobG
I recently bought a new bottle of Millers diesel stuff which I have been using every few tankfulls for a few years and noticed a warning about its use with EuroIV motors. Can anyone explain why such a product should not be used and how and how often I should clean the injectors on my new car ?
Injector cleaners and EuroIV diesels - Armitage Shanks {p}
There isn't anything on the instructions of my packs of Millers Diesel Plus saying don't use it in a Euro 4 comliant engine. I have had mine about 6 months and I don't use it all the time. Euro 4 compliant engines are not new, mine is 18 months old so I would have expected a warning on the bottles I bought. Please can you quote the warning on your bottle?
Injector cleaners and EuroIV diesels - Collos25
Iasked my local Bosch garage in Dresden because I use it myself and the answer is not in E4 it damages the injectors for some reason.
Injector cleaners and EuroIV diesels - Roly93
I thought that the most significant difference in an E4 diesel was an extra particulate filter. I cant see why Millers would damage injectors on an E4 any more than on an E3 diesel.
Injector cleaners and EuroIV diesels - Malcolm_L
Some manufacturers used an extra particulare filter (PSA engines spring to mind), but engine technology has advanced and these are being superseded by cleaner burning engines which achieve E4 emission levels without FAP? filters.
Injector cleaners and EuroIV diesels - Screwloose
Bob

It's just possible that the additive is incompatible with the car's own built-in diesel additive dosing system; [e.g. an Eolys system.]

Alternatively; maybe electronic piezo injectors don't appreciate it's effect like mechanical ones did. Either way; there's little need for it on these current "common fail" diesels.
I have e mailed Millers direct, asking the question, and will post the reply when I hear from them.
Injector cleaners and EuroIV diesels - Dude - {P}
A.S. - as a user of Millers Diesel Power Plus, I await your reply with interest.
Injector cleaners and EuroIV diesels - BobG
Thanks for your help. I have been away for a few days and didn't get the chance to answer. I will be staying clear of any injector cleaners until i find out more
Injector cleaners and EuroIV diesels - Hamsafar
I have been reading about the Euro IV challenges related to the industry removing all traces of sulphur and phosphurus as it poisons particulate traps. Maybe the additive contains either of these?

Well, they took sulphur out of the diesel fuel (to the detriment of older engines) and now apparently the newer oils such as API CH-4, CI-4 have none of the usual antiwear/antiscuff additives such as ZDDP.
Injector cleaners and EuroIV diesels - Hamsafar
corporate.lubrizol.com/PressRoom/MediaCoverage/pdf...f

For those interested in oil, emmissions etc...
Injector cleaners and EuroIV diesels - Quinny100
I'm only speculating here, but I'm pretty sure that Millers raises the exhaust gas temperature (EGT) - more cetane will cause the diesel to burn hotter.

Eu4 diesels with particulate filters adjust the EGT to keep the particle filter clean at certain times. If the ECU finds the EGT too high due to using Millers it will attempt to lower it which may cause running problems.
I have e mailed Millers and had an acknowledgement but no reply from tech dept, yet. Xmas/New Year break I guess. I will post the reply when I get it.
Injector cleaners and EuroIV diesels - cheddar
I'm only speculating here, but I'm pretty sure that Millers raises
the exhaust gas temperature (EGT) - more cetane will cause the
diesel to burn hotter.
Eu4 diesels with particulate filters adjust the EGT to keep the
particle filter clean at certain times. If the ECU finds
the EGT too high due to using Millers it will attempt
to lower it which may cause running problems.

Well put and makes sense though premium diesels have higher than normal levels of cetane, BP Ult even smells like Millers, so perhaps E4's should not use premium diesel?

I reckon the possibility of incompatibility with the inbuilt additive, as mentioned above, is likely to be the prime reason.
Millers have got back to me and say that Diesle plus is OK in EuroIV compliant engines except BMWs. If any BMW ownder wants to discuss this the technical queries number can be found on Millers website at

www.millersoils.net/

Injector cleaners and EuroIV diesels - Collos25
I find that strange because the injection system used by BMW is used by other car manufacturers.The fact that it is total waste of money ,if it was any good they would use it in German taxis and they don't and they do around 1000000km before they are pensioned off.
AB, the explanation was too complicated to write down from a phone call but the gist of the concern was to do with the calalyst not the particle filter. My suggestion is that diesel BMW owners who are or want to use Millers rings them and gets the fill story from their technical dept.
Injector cleaners and EuroIV diesels - nortones2
If the whole can of Millers raised the cetane value of a tank of diesel by more than a decimal point I'd be quite surprised:) At a concentration of around 1:500 it would have to be something novel to bring the cetane level up by much, surely?