End of Life - BMW to pay for old BMCs? - Ruperts Trooper
When BMW bought the Rover Group they bought all the brands which went into it. When BMW sold to Phoenix they only sold Rover and MG brands.

Does this mean that BMW are responsible for end of life recycling costs of all the old brands - Mini, Vanden Plas, Wolseley, Riley, Morris, Austin?

If not, why not?
End of Life - BMW to pay for old BMCs? - bell boy
well if they have a couple of minutes spare i am sure they could collect all the remaining Mini, Vanden Plas, Wolseley, Riley, Morris, Austin? that are left,but what would their owners say?
End of Life - BMW to pay for old BMCs? - Aprilia
Before they went bust, Rover set up a contract with a recycling company (can't remember name, but it had 'dot-com' in it) to take back all end-of-life cars after Jan 2007. I imagine that has all fallen to pieces now. Can't see why BMW should pick up the tab.
End of Life - BMW to pay for old BMCs? - Ruperts Trooper
Surely BMW should pick up the tab - they only sold Rover and MG brands to Phoenix - they retained all the other brands themselves!
End of Life - BMW to pay for old BMCs? - king arthur
Surely BMW should pick up the tab - they only sold
Rover and MG brands to Phoenix - they retained all the
other brands themselves!

No they didn't. They retained Triumph, Riley and Mini, and also in fact the Rover brand itself, which was only licenced to MG Rover. All other brands passed to MG Rover.
End of Life - BMW to pay for old BMCs? - wjh
Can you imagine a new german engineered TR? Sounds alright to me.
End of Life - BMW to pay for old BMCs? - AlastairW
Can you imagine a new german engineered TR? Sounds alright to
me.

It already exists. Think they call it a Weissman or someting like that. BMW 6 (or V8?) in a retro styled convertible.
End of Life - BMW to pay for old BMCs? - mare
As pointed out elsewhere, BMW kept the Rover name and gave (sold?) MGRover a licence to use it. I can't what on earth BMW would want with Wolseley, Morris or Austin, but Triumph and Riley still retain a bit of creditability, so they kept them.

As to disposing old Rovers, if your proposal is that BMW pick up the tab for ALL Rovers and other BLMC cars, does that mean that:

Ford recycle every single Volvo, Land Rover and Jaguar?
VAG recycle every Skoda, even those pre VAG ownership and also pre VAG SEAT's?
Peugeot recycle what Hillmans and Talbots are left?

End of Life - BMW to pay for old BMCs? - Pugugly {P}
Peugeot recycle what Hillmans and Talbots are left

The bodies on Talbots were self recycling.....